The Bigtone Studio Lux is for American blackface tone lovers that also want to enjoy a full tube overdrive sound in the same amp. It's a dual 6L6 based 50W dual channel amp that delivers classic blackface clean sounds on channel 1 and a rich palette of overdrive tones on channel 2...
These are, in our opinion, the finest channel switching amps made, and now, for a limited time you can save $949!
The Bigtone Studio Lux is for American blackface tone lovers that also want to enjoy a full tube overdrive sound in the same amp. It's a dual 6L6 based 50W dual channel amp that delivers classic blackface clean sounds on channel 1 and a rich palette of overdrive tones on channel 2. This second channel also has a footswitchable fixed gain boost to offer a total of 3 different sounds from a simple to use front panel.
The Studio Lux is available both in head and 1x12" combo versions.
From pure cleans to powerful overdrives, you'll find lots of amazing tones inside the Studio Lux. It also exhibites exceptional dynamics to capture the player's feeling. This amp reacts extremely well with boost and overdrive pedals.
The clean channel will take you to the world of American cleans up to cranked up blackface tones, depending on how you adjust the gain. There's a bright switch to add that extra bite or attack to your sound, and a very useful 3 position mids control.
The drive channel will get you into the low to medium-high gain sounds, and also features a bold-neutral-bright switch. This channel has a very active EQ that lets you go from rock to fusion tones just by changing the EQ settings.
There is an internal fixed gain boost available on second channel. This way channel 2 can go into hard rock high gain tones or liquid leads.
The power amp is based on a classic American 50 watt dual 6L6 power amp, plenty of headroom, with some tweaks to allow adjustment on the fly from classic to modern sounds. Thanks to deep and presence rear controls the response can go from more focused to a wider spectrum.
Bigtone amps all feature heavy-duty PCBs (2.4mm thick, double sided 70um copper) and oversized high quality components to ensure a problem-free life, along with Mercury Magnetics mains and output transformers and choke, and selected tubes for maximum tone from the first day of use. There is no need to hunt for improvement tweaks after purchase - extensive R&D in the lab and on stage means Bigtone can confidently say they have already done that for you.
- 50 watt, 2 channels
- Channel 1 features volume, bass and treble controls, and bright and mids switches
- Channel 2 features gain, bass, middle, treble and volume controls, and a bright-neutral-bold switch
- Footswitchable gain boost available on drive channel
- Serial FX loop designed for maximum transparency, with selectable +4dBu/-10dBV level
- Rear panel featuring deep and presence controls for adjusting the overall response
- 3x ECC83/12AX7 preamp tubes
- 2x 6L6 power tubes
- Mercury Magnetics custom transformers and choke
- Dual speaker output jacks with impedance selector for 4-8-16 ohm
- 2 stereo jacks for external switchable features control
- Rear onboard switches for direct selection without footswitch or switching system connected to the amp
- Footswitchable features: CH1/CH2 channel, gain boost and FX loop on/bypass
- Available for 110-120-220-240 mains voltage
- Custom finish available without price increase
- Head dimensions: 66(W)x26'5(H)x21(D)cm, height includes rubber feet & handle
- Head weight: 17kg
- Studio Lux 50 watt head: $2,899.00