The Buster is based on a 5E3 Tweed Deluxe. As you would expect, it covers the sparkling highs and smooth midrange and has a solid low end that never loses its poise...
Classic 6L6 Sound: Based on 5E3 Tweed Deluxe
The Buster is based on a 5E3 Tweed Deluxe. As you would expect, it covers the sparkling highs and smooth midrange and has a solid low end that never loses its poise. The Buster has astonishing headroom and plays as a full-sized single 12" tube amp with 35-40 watts. This amp features a custom transformer, fixed bias system, Celestion G12H-75, STR 6L6 tubes, two 12AX7 preamp tubes, and 3 input jacks. The Buster has two channels, bright and normal, and a switch has also been added to provide the player with increased gain. The channels can be bridged for maximum tonal sculpting and one tone knob serves the whole amp. Despite its size and relatively low price, the Buster has all the quality components and design work of any Louis Electric amplifier.
The Louis Electric Buster is designed to provide the classic 6L6 sound with a relatively low, useable 25-watt output. From quiet practice at home, to rehearsal to gigs at small to medium venues -- grab it and go because the Buster does it all.
- Classification: AB1, fixed bias
- Power output: 25 watts
- Speaker: Celestion G12H-75
- Speaker load: 8 ohms
- Controls: 2 volume, 1 tone
- Three input with a gain switch
- Preamp tubes: 2-12AX7
- Output tubes: 2-6L6GC
- Rectifier: 1-5AR4
- Height: 16", width: 20"
- Weight: 35 lbs.
- Eyelet terminal board construction
- Hand selected caps and resistors
- Custom designed hand built transformers
- Belton tube sockets
- Switchcraft and Carling input jacks and switches
- High quality machine grade fasteners
- Moisture free circuit board
- Color: black/brown Tolex or aged tweed (add $100)