When it came time to design the Creamer, Tim Marcus wanted to find a balance between a perfectly voiced guitar tone with a fair amount of power and portability....
When it came time to design the Creamer, Tim Marcus wanted to find a balance between a perfectly voiced guitar tone with a fair amount of power and portability. Everyone loves low power vintage amplifiers, but sometimes a bit more power, reliability and headroom is needed on the gig. In the studio, the Creamer is virtually silent when idle. Its the ultimate refinement and alternative to the vintage small format amplifier. Tim wanted the Creamer to be very versatile so he included an adjustable cathode bias circuit so that the user can easily substitute 6L6 or 6V6 output tubes with no need to rebias the output tubes. He has added a rear mounted switch to maintain an 8 ohm speaker output regardless of which tube type used. Inside of the chassis, you will find an internal bias adjustment in case you want to fine tune the cathode bias when substituting in vintage tubes which tend to draw more current.
With 6V6 the Creamer puts out about 20 watts into 8 ohms and has sweet breakup. Put a pair of 6L6s in, flip the switch on the rear panel and you get a bit of more low end, subtler mids, and a touch more headroom.
The tremolo circuit in the Creamer is unique and sounds outstanding. It is harmonically rich, deep, and has a very useful range of speed. Like all Milkman amplifiers, the Creamer is built using the finest possible components onto a turret board, and is hand wired with cloth covered wire.
- Wattage: 18-22W class AB
- Speaker: 12” Ceramic Jupiter, 8 ohm
- Tube tremolo and spring reverb
- Includes handwired original design detachable footswitch and 15' cable
- Dimensions: 19-7/8" W x 16" H x 9-1/2" D
- Weight: 32 lbs
- Volume, treble, bass, reverb, tremolo speed and depth controls
- Detachable footswitch for reverb and tremolo
- Power and standby on rear
- 6V6/6L6 muli tapped 8ohm output transformer
- 20W class AB push pull amplifier
- Adjustable cathode bias
- Programmable output transformer
- Accepts 6L6 or 6V6 with no need for rebias
- 5AR4 rectifier
- Tube tremolo and reverb
- Choke filtered
- Mercury Magnetics
- Jupiter capacitors
- Carbon composition resistors
- Turret board construction
- Hand made in USA
- 20W Creamer 12" Combo: $2,899.00