In the world of near-LP replica guitars competition is fierce, prices are high, and the devil is truly in the details. Nailing the formula accurately and consistently is the stuff of legend, the realm of "world class," and "master built..."
In the world of near-LP replica guitars competition is fierce, prices are high, and the devil is truly in the details. Nailing the formula accurately and consistently is the stuff of legend, the realm of "world class," and "master built." To be sure, the perfect near-LP guitar is a super-instrument of epic proportions and there are few guitar builders able to take it all the way there. Here at DAG, in our ongoing worldwide search for the very best guitars we were absolutely overjoyed to discover violin builder turned near-LP perfectionist Valery Vaschenko. Why, you ask? Well, "because...amazing" is the short answer.
The long answer? Because...amazing, and...price. Nobody is doing what Vaschenko does so affordably. His LV model is solid mahogany (there's no better way to build a '59), has period-correct electronics, is fully hand made (including hand-carved tops), and is just as sexy as can be. The neck joint is innovative and, well, amazing, the guitar does that spanky thing that a real old LP does without ever getting woofy or muddy, it isn't too heavy, and it has the kind of super-clean fretwork you can completely rely on - eyes closed, no safety net. It short, Vaschenko has created one of the ultimate alternatives to the LP.
Valery Vaschenko lives in a not-often mentioned corner or the world in Belarus and builds his LV model in limited runs of roughly 3-4 per month. You owe it to yourself to explore this one further. It doesn't get better than this!
The Vaschenko LV model comes from the blend of 2 great solid guitar bodies. The LV can be ordered in 3 different varieties: Standard , 59 and Custom. All 3 models share similar design features:
- Vaschenko easy access neck heel joint
- Long neck tenon system
- Vaschenko dual action, single style truss rod system
- Headstock volute
Each guitar is made with hot hide glue and the finish is high gloss nitrocellulose lacquer. The guitar can be ordered with various humbucking pickup options or with P90 style pickups. The Standard comes with dot inlays while the 59 comes with traditional trapezoid inlays.e lacquer finish. It is available with a rosewood or ebony fingerboard that has abalone dot inlays.
- Model: Vaschenko LV 59
- Body: Honduran mahogany
- Top: US eastern flame maple
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Fretboard: master grade East Indian ebony
- Fretwire: Jescar FW51100S .100" .051"
- Binding: cream roylite
- Headstock veneer: traditional black
- Headstock inlay: Vaschenko
- Tuners: Kluson vintage style
- Nut: mastodon bone
- Bridge & tailpiece: Schroeder original
- Jack: Swithcraft
- Jack plate: nickel
- Neck inlay: cellulose nitrate trapezoid
- Neck side markers: black access dot
- Pickup rings: cream
- Truss rod cover: Vaschenko style
- Potentiometers: CTS
- Toggle switch: Switchcraft, cream tip
- Capacitors: 0.022 PIO
- Knobs: amber speed
- Electronic plate covers: matching wood from guitar body
- Pickups: OX4
- Neck radius: 12 degrees
- Frets: 22
- Neck: Vaschenko joint
- Neck carve: Medium C
- Wiring style: '50s
- Truss rod: single Gibson style
- Truss rod bolt and headstock assembly: Vaschenko 2-way
- Headstock style: Vaschenko
- Neck width @ the nut: 1 11/16"
- Neck width @ the heel: 2 1/4"
- Neck depth @ first fret: 22mm
- Neck depth @ 12Th fret: 24mm
- Scale length: 24.75" (Les Paul)
- Finish, body top: violin burst
- Finsh, body back and sides: traditional
- Finish, neck and headstock: nitrocellulose lacquer
- String guage and action height: Gauge 10 - 46, low
- Belly carve: standard Vaschenko
- LV 59: $4,995.00