In the world of near-LP replica guitars competition is fierce, prices are high, and the devil is truly in the details. Nailing the formula accurately and consistently is the stuff of legend, the realm of "world class," and "master built"...
The Vaschenko LV
In the world of near-LP replica guitars competition is fierce, prices are high, and the devil is truly in the details. Nailing the formula accurately and consistently is the stuff of legend, the realm of "world class," and "master built." To be sure, the perfect near-LP guitar is a super-instrument of epic proportions and there are few guitar builders able to take it all the way there. Here at DAG, in our ongoing worldwide search for the very best guitars we were absolutely overjoyed to discover violin builder turned near-LP perfectionist Valery Vaschenko. Why, you ask? Well, "because...amazing" is the short answer.
The long answer? Because...amazing, and...price. Nobody is doing what Vaschenko does so affordably. His LV model is solid mahogany (there's no better way to build a '59), has period-correct electronics, is fully hand made (including hand-carved tops), and is just as sexy as can be. The neck joint is innovative and, well, amazing, the guitar does that spanky thing that a real old LP does without ever getting woofy or muddy, it isn't too heavy, and it has the kind of super-clean fretwork you can completely rely on - eyes closed, no safety net. It short, Vaschenko has created one of the ultimate alternatives to the LP.
Valery Vaschenko lives in a not-often mentioned corner or the world in Belarus and builds his LV model in limited runs of roughly 3-4 per month. You owe it to yourself to explore this one further. It doesn't get better than this!
- Back: korina 2 piece, premium grade
- Top: carved flame US maple, premium grade (1/2")
- Binding: cream cellulose butyrate
- Pickguard: none
- Neck shapes: 58-.925"-1.0" in C profile
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Nut width: 1.695"
- Neck radius: 12", compound
- Neck wood: mahogany
- Fretboard: premium East Indian rosewood
- Fingerboard binding: cream cellulose butyrate
- Side dots: faux tortoise
- String nut: bone
- Headstock overlay: ebony
- Headstock inlay: pearl and abalone VV logo
- Headstock angle: 17 degrees
- Pickup configuration: H/H OX4 with cream 59 rings
- Pickup switching: 3-way toggle
- Controls: 2 volume, 2 tone
- Hardware finish: nickel
- Bridge: ABR1 style with stop tail piece
- Tuners: vintage style
- Frets: Jescar stainless steel
- 2 way truss rod
- Custom case