The B&G Prototype™ amp is B&G's take on the classic tube amps of the 1950s & '60s. Inspired by the sound and design concepts of this era, hearts and minds were set to combine the best features of those classics with our B&G's ideas and innovation...
The B&G Prototype™ amp is B&G's take on the classic tube amps of the 1950s & '60s. Inspired by the sound and design concepts of this era, hearts and minds were set to combine the best features of those classics with B&G's own ideas and innovation.
The main goal was to provide a great amount of clean headroom and to push the breaking point higher, without compromising the power and growl of the tube overdrive and fuzz.
In order to provide that warm vintage sound, B&G went on a quest to source limited amounts of new old stock audio capacitors and find the perfect match between all components.
Each B&G Prototype™ amp is assembled and hand-wired in Israel by the B&G Private Build staff. The NOS capacitors edition is limited to 100 pieces worldwide.
- Audio capacitors: new old stock
- Output power: 16W
- Speakers: 2x10" Jensen® P-10R
- Output: 2x6V6
- Preamp: 3x12AX7
- Driver: 1x12AT7
- Rectifier: 5Y3
- Gain: Dirty & Angry switch-operated stages
- Input sensitivity: push-pull volume knob for tighter bass and scooped mids
- Reverb: genuine Accutronics® tube-driven spring unit with extended control
- Cathode bias: allows for a new set of tubes to be installed without any adjustments
- Circuit-protection: B&G power switch
- Foot-switch: Angry/Dirty operation
- Material: birch
- Control panel: B&G solid brass
- Tube guard: B&G solid brass
- Storage cover: included
- Weight: 42.5 lbs / 19.3 kg
- Width: 21.7" / 55cm
- Depth: 9.8" / 25cm
- Height: 17.7" / 48cm