The Suhr SL67 is a no compromise, hand wired amplifier built to deliver the complete range of classic British-style tones at any volume. From sparkling cleans to screaming high-gain Variac™ style overdrive tones, the SL Series responds dynamically to every nuance of your playing style...
The Suhr SL67 is a no compromise, hand wired amplifier built to deliver the complete range of classic British-style tones at any volume. From sparkling cleans to screaming high-gain Variac™ style overdrive tones, the SL Series responds dynamically to every nuance of your playing style and instrument with just a turn of your guitar’s volume control.
The SL67 amplifier features hand wired construction, four inputs (Normal and Treble), Low/High power switch, Master Volume control (located on the back panel), and is powered by EL-34 power tubes and three 12AX7 preamp tubes.
SINGLE CHANNEL WITH 4 INPUTS
- CHANNEL I INPUT TOP: has a high sensitivity and is voiced brighter than Channel II
- CHANNEL I INPUT BOTTOM: has low sensitivity and offers a slightly warmer tone
- CHANNEL II INPUT TOP: has high sensitivity and offers a normal/bassier tonal response
- CHANNEL II INPUT BOTTOM: has low sensitivity and a normal/bassier tonal response
VARIAC™ POWER MODE
The three position power switch incorporates a low power Variac™ mode which lowers the amount of voltage available to the amp. This classic mod makes the amp feel much more spongy with a smoother attack and has been the foundation for some of the greatest rock tones of all time. To avoid having to re-bias the amp when switching power modes, the SL67 has two internal bias adjustments, one for HI power, the other for LOW.
CUSTOM "PLEXI" OUTPUT TRANSFORMER
Output transformers have a major impact on tone. It's the bridge between the output section of the amplifier and your speaker cabinet. At Suhr, countless hours were spent listening to different transformers until the spec was finalized for their custom "PLEXI" output transformer. This transformer sounds clear, is dynamic, and lends authoritative authenticity to the amplifier.
MASTER VOLUME CONTROL
Suhr SL amplifiers feature a Post Phase Inverter Master Volume control. This type of master volume control is highly effective at transparently controlling the output of the amp. When the control is at 10, it is completely transparent and out of the circuit. Start turning it down, and the amp's volume can be reduced all the way to whisper levels.
Every Suhr SL Series amplifier is meticulously hand wired, assembled, and tested in their Lake Elsinore, CA factory.
NO COMPROMISE BRITISH TONE
The Suhr SL Series offers the ultimate no compromise recreation of classic British tones.
- 50 watt EL34 power section
- Portable small box head configuration
- SKU: A-SL67
- Output: 50 watts RMS
- Preamp tubes: 3x 12AX7
- Power tubes: 2x EL34
- Dimensions: 26" (W) x 8.25" (D) x 10.25" (H)
- Weight: 42 lbs
- Front panel: OFF/HI/LOW power select, Presence, Bass, Middle, Treble, Volume I, Volume II, four inputs
- Back panel: Master Volume, two speaker outputs, Impedance Selector (4ohm, 8ohm, 16ohm), HT fuse, mains AC inlet, mains fuse
- H.T. fuse: F 0.5A/250V (fast-blo)
- $1,995.00 (SUPER SALE - BRAND NEW IN BOX, REGULARLY $2,495)