The creation of this tone machine is the result of months of work and research with the support and contribution of “king of blues” Lazer Lloyd. This guitar looks like she sounds and sounds like she looks!...
The Grand Wheel is a deluxe version of La Grange's The Wheel, with a semi-hollow mahogany body and a maple top. Loaded with the Preacher set from Tyson Tone Pickups (Hand made in California), the Grand Wheel is such a classy instrument!
Since Benjamin, the owner of La Grange Guitars, became a guitar builder, he has been eager to create a new "classic" instrument for the blues and rock guitar player. He wanted to come out with an original design with uncompromised playability and comfort that would look and feel familiar, an instrument with incredible responsiveness and sensitivity, able to produce a wide range of tones, from fat and juicy low ends to sparkling highs, through crunchy middles tones.
The Grand Wheel is the most refined result of Benjamin's quest - a short scale (24.75") set neck guitar. This original tone woods combination provides the twang and high ends that you can't get on traditional short scale style guitars and your low ends can be really fat and juicy without losing clarity.
Easy access to the upper frets is ensured by the original design of the cutaway and of the set neck joint. Fingerboard smooth rolled edges, body curves and a belly cut provide maximum comfort to the guitar.!
- Construction: solid body
- Body: light korina / red cedar / poplar
- Neck: maple with purple heart strip
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Neck shape: C
- Fingerboard: ebony
- Radius: 12"
- Frets: 22 medium jumbo
- Truss rod: double action welded nut w/ handmade cover
- Neck dimensions: 22mm/.866" at first fret, 23mm/.905" at 12th fret
- Headstock: Gold Foils logo on a dark wood veneer
- Nut: unbleached bone
- Width at nut: 42.6mm/1.68"c
- Pickups: Tyson Tone Lab P-90s set
- Bridge: Tune-o-Matic ABR1 nickel
- Tailpiece: USA Aluminum w/ locking studs
- Tuners: Gotoh vintage style
- Electronics: 3 way toggle switch, CTS 250K volume & tone pots, 22k Orange cap, treble bleed circuit
- Parts aging: aged
- Strings: D'Addario nickel wound / NYXL 10-46
- Case: black hard shell
- Options: custom options upon request
Custom option upon request