Meet the Porto, a brilliant creation from Ergon Guitars. With a shape that was inspired by the configuration of a windshield crack, this guitar has an undeniable organic quality. Its complicated curves are visually and physically striking. But that is only the beginning...
Meet the Porto, a brilliant creation from Ergon Guitars. With a shape that was inspired by the configuration of a windshield crack, this guitar has an undeniable organic quality. Its complicated curves are visually and physically striking. But that is only the beginning.
Holding an Ergon guitar, you immediately bond with the natural tactile feel of the wood. There are no lacquers or paints in the way - only an organic oil stain and wax treatment is applied to the wood to bring out the grain and to accent the sweeping contours. The neck is set into the guitar with a sliding dovetail joint which creates an extremely strong interface that allows for the full spectrum transference of the string energy into the body.
Each Ergon guitar is completely hand carved and shaped, thereby creating a one-of-a-kind instrument. The character of the wood and grain lead the charge - the contours are reminiscent of a living body, complete with an underlying musculature. The metal rear access cover and input jack plates are hand-formed from drum cymbals to exactly follow the contours of the instrument.
The solo pickup floats over the single port. The carved interior is tuned to provide for an acoustically pleasing sound while unplugged. Plugged in, the sound is very direct and dynamic with the warmth of the acoustic quality blended in. The low output of the Haussel pickup combines with the resonant quality of the body to allow the character of the guitar and player to combine naturally with minimal effort. The bottom end is very direct and tight, while still sounding warm and smooth. The high end is pointed, but not piercing. The balance over the full set of strings allows for excellent chordal play.
This instrument is very much a volume and tone control guitar - you will find many sound possibilities with minimal effort and controls.
The beauty of Ergon Guitars is that they perform well beyond the preconception that they are just a work of functional art. The tactile sense of the organic stain finish and the comfortable sensation of the hand shaped contours lead to your inspiration as a player..
– Fully hand-carved Ergo hollow body
– 2 piece bookmached figured Honduran mahogany top over 1 piece khaya mahogany back
– Customized XGP solid brass warparound style bridge
– Custom cover plates made from cymbal brass
– Häussel custom staggered humbucker with ebony cover
– Bourns pots, 1 volume, 1 tone, 3-way toggle switch
– Flush-mounted Jim Dunlop Straploks
– 1 piece Honduran mahogany with chambered dovetail slide-in set-thru joint
– Ebony fretboard
– 25" scale
– 12" radius
– 22 Jescar Evo Gold medium frets
– Luminlay side dots
– Inlayed 12th fret position marker
– Double-action trussrod (custom single stainless steel rod)
– Ebony string guide with Evo Gold zero fret
– Schertler tuners
– Rubio Monocoat oil and wax
– 5.29 lbs (2.4 kg)
– Richter leather strap
– Lifton 59" Reissue hardcase