This particular Hesed features a lightweight one piece mahogany body, an original top carve with perimeter striping, a roasted 5A flame maple neck with ebony fretboard, and the best hardware and electronics in the biz...
The Hesed was co-designed with an LA session player in order to create a guitar that would be the end-all-be-all for the studio. It drew heavy inspiration from Drew Walsh's favorite Japanese design of all time – the Teisco Spectrum V.
What sets the Hesed apart from the original Spectrum V (and any other guitar you've ever played) is its original top carve and its incredible pickups/wiring. But it's just 3 pickups, right? WRONG! What you see is actually 6 mini P-90s, each designed to only amplify the 3 strings they are under but can be mingled in any combination with each other. So what this means is you have 36 pickup combinations. Say what? That's right. For example, you can combine the bottom three strings of neck mini P-90 with the top three strings of the bridge mini P-90. This means you can create sounds and textures you've never heard or played before!
If that wasn't enough, this particular Hesed was given some special treatment. It features a lightweight one piece mahogany body, an original top carve with perimeter striping, a roasted 5A flame maple neck with ebony fretboard, and the best hardware and electronics in the biz. We all know the quality of a guitar is the sum of its parts, and with this guitar no corners were cut.
Other unique features include an aged plasticizer-free fiesta red nitrocellulose finish (just like the good ol days, which means it will eventually fade/amber and weather check naturally in addition to its current aging), extremely versatile McNelly/Walsh split-coil pickups, an anodized gold aluminum pickguard, and a Mastery bridge/vibrato.
- Serial #: HES0007
- Body construction: solidbody
- Body wood: solid one piece African mahogany
- Finish: 100% plasticizer free nitro (fiesta red and gold)
- Age degree: light
- Extras: firemist gold top stripe
- Headstock: Walsh Japanese-inspired
- Neck construction: vintage modern
- Neck wood: roasted 5A flame maple
- Fingerboard wood: ebony
- Nut width: 1 11/16"
- Back contour: standard C (.84-.92")
- Fretwire: 6105
- Fret number: 21
- Radius: compound, 9.5" - 12"
- Inlays: clay dots
- Nut: TUSQ
- Neck finish: hand rubbed oil
- Scale: 25.5"
- Truss rod: heel adjusting spoke
- Logo: firebranded W
- Bridge: Mastery
- Saddles: Mastery
- Tremolo: Mastery
- Jackplate: nickel electrosocket
- Tuners: open-gear locking Hipshot
- Pickguard: anodoized gold aluminum
- Strap buttons: standard vintage issue
- Controls: harmony-style black/gold
- Truss rod: steel spoke
- Pickups: McNelly/Walsh split-coil
- Wiring schematic: individual control for each coil (on-off)
- Pots: Emerson CTS 500K
- Capacitor: NOS PIO caps (.015uf)
- Output jack: Switchcraft
- Pickup switches: Switchcraft
- Wiring: vintage
- Additional: treble bleed
- Case: Mono Vertigo
- Shielded cavities: yes
- Paperwork: included
- Strings: Stringjoy custom set (.10-.48)
- Knobs: Harmony
- Slider tips: black and red
- Tremolo tip: parchment
- Final weight: 7.2 lbs
- Hesed, Fiesta Red: $2,695.00 (introductory price!)