This particular Doxa was given some special treatment. It features a super ligthweight 1 piece and chambered roasted alder body, a 4A spruce top, an original top carve with perimeter striping, a roasted 5A flame maple neck with ebony fretboard, and the best hardware and electronics in the biz...
What happens when you reverse the shape of a guitar? And what happens when a guitar builder is a bit of a smaller guy? Well the Walsh Guitars Doxa is the answer. Designed to catch the eye, the Doxa also looks at home on anyone under the height of 6 feet. No massive semi-hollows here. No Firebird-length bodies that make even Shaquille O'Neal look small.
What you can expect, however, is an instrument that more than makes up for its size in big tone and a scrappy attitude. Every Doxa features a one piece body that is 1.75". This makes for a very resonant instrument – one you can feel vibrate against your stomach as you play.
This particular Doxa was given some special treatment. It features a super ligthweight 1 piece and chambered roasted alder body, a 4A spruce top, an original top carve with perimeter striping, a roasted 5A flame maple neck with ebony fretboard, and the best hardware and electronics in the biz. We all know the quality of a guitar is the sum of its parts, and with this guitar no corners were cut.
Other unique features include a plasticizer-free shell pink nitrocellulose finish (just like the good ol days, which means it will eventually fade/amber and weather check naturally), extremely versatile McNelly (neck) and Gemini (bridge) pickups, an inlaid/flush handmade neck plate, a Tele-style bridge with special matching saddles, and staggered post tuners. Another fun note is that atop the vintage white is a clear coat with crushed diamonds - that's right, DIAMONDS.
- Serial #: DOX0010
- Weight: 5.2 lbs
- Construction: semi-hollow
- Wood: roasted alder
- Top wood: 4A spruce
- Weight: 2.9 lbs
- Finish: 100% plasticizer free nitro
- Age Degree: NOS
- Extras: original top carve, crushed diamonds in top coat
- Headstock: Walsh batwing
- Neck construction: vintage modern
- Neck wood: roasted 5A flame maple
- Fingerboard wood: pau ferro
- Nut width: 1 11/16"
- Neck contour: standard C (.84-.92")
- Fretwire: 6105
- Fret count: 21
- Radius: 9.5-12"
- Inlays: clay
- Nut: bone
- Neck finish: hand rubbed oil
- Scale: 25.5"
- Truss rod: heel adjusting spoke
- Logo: firebranded W
- Bridge: US made Tele-style
- Saddles: TUSQ
- Jackplate: nickel electrosocket
- Tuners: open-gear locking Hipshot
- Pickguard: 3 ply parchment
- Strap buttons: Standard vintage issue
- Controls: chrome dome
- Truss rod: steel spoke
- Pickups: McNelly mini-hum + Gemini Suprocaster (B)
- Wiring schematic: V-T-3 way
- Pots: Emerson CTS 250K
- Capacitor: NOS PIO caps (.033uf)
- Output jack: Switchcraft
- Pickup switches: Switchcraft
- Wiring: vintage
- Additional: treble bleed
- Case: Mono Vertigo
- Shielded cavities: yes
- Paperwork: included
- Strings: Stringjoy custom set (.10-.48)
- Nut is filed for .10-.48 gauge stings
- Switch tip: aluminum
- Doxa, Red-White Sparkle: $2,695.00