This 18 lb 40 watter will not only go toe to toe with, but will even surpass and humble most any SSS style amp on the market. Designed for mobility with the gigging musician in mind, the Fat Jimmy Avionic is the ultimate travel amp head...
This 18 lb 40 watter will not only go toe to toe with, but will even surpass and humble most any SSS style amp on the market.
Designed for mobility with the gigging musician in mind, the Fat Jimmy Avionic is the ultimate travel amp head. Weighing in at a mere 18 lbs, the Avionic is made to facilitate ease of transport – by air, vehicle, or foot. Boasting a full 40 watts with 2 x 6L6 power tubes and a blackface style circuit, the Avionic is Fat Jimmy’s flagship amplifier.
The Avionic features a custom output transformer to accommodate a 2, 4, or 8 ohm speaker load. This covers literally every Fender backline option available. Fat Jimmy offers a special speaker adaptor (available separately, see below) that allows the traveling musician to utilize the speakers in any backline combo cab, such as Super Reverb, Twin Reverb, Deluxe Reverb, etc. In fact, the Avionic was originally designed to travel by air – to be used in place of a standard backline Fender amplifier circuit, but utilizing the provided backline speakers. Use your own head to give you the tone and performance you expect and demand.
Features include dual inputs, bright switch, volume, treble, bass & Jimmy controls, to give you the best of the blackface circuitry. Mid control available by request. A solid state rectifier is standard in the Avionic for its lightweight and unrivaled reliability in travel situations. A solid state rectifier is standard in classic Blackface Fender amps such as the Bandmaster, Bassman, Showman & Twin Reverb, and provides excellent stability and quick response in a tube amplifier. As a signature design feature, Fat Jimmy has learned to provide the touch sensitivity and note blossom commonly associated with a tube rectifier in a solid state rectified circuit. Like all Fat Jimmy amplifiers, a combination of NOS, vintage, and modern components are used to give you the best possible tone and performance.
- 40 watts
- Single channel
- Dual input
- Bright switch
- 2 x 6L6 power tubes, 1 x 12AT7, 1 x 12AX7
- volume, treble, bass, & Jimmy controls (mid control available by special order)
- Front panel standby switch
- Vintage parts and measured components
- 2/4/8 ohm output
- Head cab dims: 17.7" wide x 8" tall x 8.5" deep
- Avionic 40 Watt Head: $1,999.00
- Available in desert blonde tolex with oxblood grill, saddle tolex with oxblood grill, black tolex with oxblood grill, or black tolex with black grill.
- A special adapter speaker cable is available for the Avionic. It's a male/female 1/4" adapter which allows the traveling musician to travel light with just the head and plug into the speakers from any available backline (as opposed to needing a separate speaker cab). This cable is available for $35.
- A matched 1x12 cab priced at $575 loaded with a Fat Jimmy C1270 speaker is available (see photos). An Alnico C1260 option available at a $150 upcharge.
- Studio Slips heavy duty quilted covers are also available. $65 for the Avionic. Black covers with bottom strap.