Ladies and gentleman - please welcome the B&G Step Sister! The Step Sister is the mean girl in the family. Based on the Little Sister design, it features a longer neck with 22 frets, a fret-16 neck joint, and a solid headstock with Waverly tuners...
Ladies and gentleman - please welcome the B&G Step Sister! The Step Sister is the mean girl in the family. Based on the Little Sister design, it features a longer neck with 22 frets, a fret-16 neck joint, and a solid headstock with Waverly tuners. The hardware is nickel-plated brass. The heel is designed for fast and easy access all the way up to the 22nd fret. A vicious rock machine.
The Step Sister is also available in a solid body version, to make mean even meaner! Everything else, including the wood types and different finish options, is just the same as the classic Little Sister.
In order to create the best sounding guitars B&G has one simple rule - everything must be made in house. They cast their own brass hardware from a unique alloy that conducts the fullest frequency range (they even use thick brass pickup covers to isolate the coils instead of the chip pressed tin covers used by other manufacturers). They wind and make their own pickups and they use their rare stock of aged wood such as Brazilian rosewood, Madagascar rosewood, Amazon rosewood, Honduras mahogany and Eastern maple (some of it is 90 years old!). They even make the glue they use.
The result is consistency in the quality and the sound of their instruments.
B&G is using the best electronic parts available in the market. They wind their own pickups and which are 100% identical to the best classic pickups that were made back in the '50s during the golden era of the electric guitar.
Nitrocellulose is the original lacquer that was used on almost all of the vintage classic guitars and is still the perfect finish for modern classic instruments. At B&G, they love the look, the feel, and the sound the nitrocellulose provides and it also ages beautifully.
B&G puts a lot of effort into the design of the chambered body cavity. The Little Sister has a perfect balance between solid and hollow body. This is why it has better clarity, and it is a warmer sounding guitar.
The wood has a crucial influence on the sound of an electric guitar. B&G has their own stock of Honduran mahogany, rock maple and Brazilian rosewood. They use only the highest quality wood on their guitars and put a lot of effort into sourcing, locating and increasing their stock.
For the neck B&G uses the classic and comfortable soft V shape '50s style. Custom neck shapes are available.
- Body thickness: 1.75"
- Body length: 17.2"
- Body width: 13"
- Back wood: one piece African mahogany
- Top wood: figured maple / figured mahogany
- Nut: TUSQ
- Nut width: 1.68"
- Neck thickness at 1st fret: 0.89"
- Neck thickness at 12th fret: 0.98"
- Scale length: 24 3/4”
- Fretboard radius: 12"
- Neck joint: fret 16
- Frets: 22
- Neck wood: Honduran mahogany
- Fretboard: pau ferro / zircote (+$300) / Brazilian rosewood (+$450)
- Fretwire: width 0.080", crown 0.050"
- Inlay: pearloid
- Neck shape: B&G soft V / custom
- Truss rod: one way traditional spoke wheel nut
- Tailpiece: B&G nickel plated solid brass
- Bridge: B&G nickel plated solid brass ABR
- Pickguard: nickel plated brass
- Tuners: Waverly
- Potentiometers: CTS 500k
- Pickups: B&G hand-wound unpotted P90s / humbuckers / Kikbiuckers
- Toggle switch: Switchcraft 3-way
- Jack: Switchcraft
- Wiring: '50s style
- Weight: 6.7 - 8.2 lbs
- Length: 38.9"
- Strings: Ernie Ball 0.10-0.46
A deposit of $790 is required to secure a special order slot
- Figured mahogany body (chamered only), $970 extra
- Honduran mahogany body (solid only), $450 extra
- Brazilian rosewood fingerboard (US & Australia only), $490 extra
- Ziricote fingerboard, $325 extra
- Top upgrade, $250-$750 (depending on maple grade)
- Flame maple headstock veneer, $300 extra
- Quilted maple headstock veneer, $450 extra
- Tobacco / Cherry / Brown / Honey / Lemon / Natural, $0 extra
- Black Burst / 57 Heaven / Muddy Waters, $215 extra
- Black Widow / Queen of Hearts / Atlantis / Poison Ivy, $325 extra