Introducing the Spirit Of The Wind custom electric guitar. The Spirit of the Wind guitar was designed and created as a celebration of craftsmanship. Tone Revival aims to create heirloom quality instruments, creations that will leave their mark across generations...
Introducing the Spirit Of The Wind custom electric guitar.
The Spirit of the Wind guitar was designed and created as a celebration of craftsmanship. Tone Revival aims to create heirloom quality instruments, creations that will leave their mark across generations.
The Tone Revival partners have examined, restored, and played a wide array of instruments, sometimes outside the guitar realm, covering well over a century of workmanship; from antebellum gut strings through grail acoustics such as Larsons, pre-war Martins, '40s Gibsons, and of course classic '50s electrics.
The inspiration for this instrument came from varied sources. You will be able to find echoes of early automotive classics from the time of epic journeys and innovative designs, or even the legend of an invincible Japanese Samurai who won his first battle with an old oar that he turned into a wooden sword.
The first thing that will strike you when picking up Spirit of the Wind for the first time is just how light it is. At 2.5 kg (5.5 lbs) it is probably one of the lightest electric guitars you'll find. The combination of a lightweight Port Orford cedar neck and semi hollow pine body gives an unbelievably responsive feel, woven with complex overtones, that make for its warm and rich signature sound.
The Tone Revival partners have already encountered players who used an unplugged Spirit Of The Wind guitar as an acoustic instrument. The core idea behind the making of this guitar was to create an instrument that will ring true and will reflect the pure and minute nuances of each and every note you play, and first and foremost will give you the most sought after ingredient of any guitar player-inspiration.
To put their philosophy to the test, the benchmark is "The Cable Test." The guitar has got to sound amazing with just one cable between the guitar and the amp with its pure tone. No effects. No filters. No enhancements.
Tone Revival's mission is to bring you an instrument that will be your lifelong companion on your journey. May the god of feedback be with you!
- Body: light weight old growth Mediterranean pine
- Top: super responsive, light weight old growth Mediterranean pine
- Neck: Port Orford cedar
- Fingerboard: rosewood / ziricote
- Neck thickness: 21mm (.825") @ 1st fret, 23.5mm (.925") @ 12th fret
- Nut material: bone/Graphtech TUSQ
- Nut width: 42mm
- Fret size: medium/high
- Scale length: long scale, 25.5"
- Fingerboard radius: dead flat / 20" / 16" / 12"
- Neck joint: bolt on
- Neck profile: soft V shape
- Inlay: pearloid dots
- Truss rod: dual action
- Headstock: slotted
- Tailpiece: Tone Revival aged solid brass
- Bridge: Tone Revival floating, rosewood/ziricote, brass w/ compensated bone/TUSQ saddle
- Pickup covers: Tone Revival thick aged brass covers for improved shielding
- Jack plate: Tone Revival "Tempus Fugit" (time flies) aged brass
- Neck plate: Tone revival "Two Bearded Men" aged brass
- Toggle switch plate: Tone Revival "Zephyrus" aged brass
- Knobs: Tone Revival "Broad-cast" aged brass
- Tuning machines: Golden Age Restoration/Waverly (+$200)
- Strings: Rotosound .010-.046 (other gauges available on request)
- Pickups: Bare Knuckle P90s
- Potentiometers: CTS
- Capacitors: Orange Drops
- Toggle switch: Switchcraft 3-way
- Wiring: vintage harness, braided wire
- Jack: Switchcraft
WEIGHT AND DIMENTIONS
- Body thickness: 43mm (1 11/16")
- Body length: 416mm (16 3/8")
- Body width: 327mm (12 7/8")
- Total length : 945mm (37 7/32")
- Weight: 2.3 kg / 5.1 lbs (yes- including strings!!!!)
- starting at $2,870.00