The KR12 head is an EL34-based amp. It is the result of Louis Rosano's longstanding work with Hubert Sumlin and Keith Richards. The KR12 Head's four inputs offer different levels of gain from crisp, crunchy throatiness to a hefty vintage rock bark...
Classic late '50s tweed into mid '60s Plexi, based on 1959 Tweed Twin.
"Bottom Line: if you like the idea of an antique looking combo that has you covered for everything from extremely clean to viciously distorted, you'll love what the KR12 has to offer." - Guitar Player Magazine
The KR12 head is an EL34-based amp. It is the result of Louis Rosano's longstanding work with Hubert Sumlin and Keith Richards. The KR12 Head's four inputs offer different levels of gain from crisp, crunchy throatiness to a hefty vintage rock bark.
Based on the Louis Electrinc M12 used by Sumlin, the KR12 Head has several gain options and unmatched headroom, but preserves the warmth of a 1950s and 1960s vintage style amp. The KR12 Head has volume and master volume controls, middle, treble and bass plus Presence. And, lurking on the underside of the chasis is a little Damping knob which adjusts the level of negative feedback - an excellent feature to have because most amplifiers only offer fixed resistor which limits tone shaping.
- Classification: AB1, fixed bias
- Power output: 40 watts
- Speaker load: 8 and 16 ohms
- Controls: volume, master volume, treble, bass, middle,presence
- Four gain inputs
- Damping control to alter feedback circuit
- Pre-amp tubes: 3-12AX7
- Output tubes: 2-EL34
- Rectifier: 5AR4 or optional solid state rectifier
- Height: 12", Width: 24", Depth: 9"
- Weight: 33 lbs.
- Eyelet terminal board construction
- Hand selected caps and resistors
- Custom designed hand built transformers
- Belton tube sockets
- Switchcraft and Carling input jacks and switches
- High quality machine grade fasteners
- Moisture free circuit board
- KR12 Head: $2,595.00