The Thunder Child Veloce custom guitar is the hotter output version of Tone Revival's beloved Thunder Child model. It was designed to recreate the soulful and mesmerizing tones of the late '60s early '70s without any tone 'enhancements' or sound fx...
The Thunder Child Veloce custom guitar is the hotter output version of Tone Revival's beloved Thunder Child model. It was designed to recreate the soulful and mesmerizing tones of the late '60s early '70s without any tone 'enhancements' or sound fx. Tone Revival has captured all of your favorite unique aspects of the original and added the unique classic lipstick humbuckers, handmade by Dano expert Doug Tulloch.
For this guitar, Tone Revival aimed at recreating the best humbucker sounds of such tone legends like Paul Kossoff, cream era Clapton, Michael Bloomfield, Jimmy Page, Peter Green and other notable '59 burst/humbucker guitarist and guitars of the late '60s. Tone Revival sought the sweet 'woman tone', and biting overdriven sustainable notes, while at the same time keeping the unique bell-like clean chime - part of Tone Revival's signature tone. By creating six available pickup configurations Tone Revival has provided both their classic single coil signature tone and probably one the best sounding classic humbucker tones there is.
This stunning and amazing sounding guitar is a result of another epic journey and research expedition for the holy grail of tone. Just like for the Thunder Child, the design inspiration of the Veloce version came from varied sources. You will be able to find echoes of fast and furious classic cars from the time of epic journeys and innovative designs.
The Veloce has the same chambered old growth red cedar body and Port Orford cedar neck, and lightweight design. With its responsive top and traditional Shou Sugi Ban Japanese charred cedar finish, you have yourself a tone to die for. The combination of lightweight Port Orford cedar neck and semi-hollow red cedar body gives an unbelievably responsive feel, woven with complex overtones that make for its warm and rich signature sound.
The guitar is equipped with a humbucker version of the most authentic Lipstick pickup replica being produced today by Dano expert Doug Tulloch. The pickup is made with the correct full-size alnico 6 magnets based on an original 1959 era magnet. Each magnet is then friction taped before winding exactly as the originals were. The best available vintage correct 42 AWG plain Eenamel coil wire is used, and most importantly, its wound directly onto the magnet. The vintage style aluminum mounting brackets are all made custom in-house on the very jigs pickup designer Tom Holmes designed/built for Jerry Jones guitars.
Tone Revival's unique handmade hardware is made from a special brass alloy for improved tone and better resonance.
Just like any guitar Tone Revival produces, the benchmark is the cable test; the guitar has got to sound amazing with just one cable between the guitar and the amp with its pure tone. No effects. No filters. No enhancements.
Tone Revival's mission is to build you an instrument that will be your lifelong companion on your journey - to create an heirloom quality instrument, something that will leave its mark across generations.
May the god of thunder be with you!
- Body: light weight old growth red cedar
- Top: super responsive, lightweight old growth red cedar
- Neck: Port Orford cedar
- Fingerboard: rosewood / ziricote
- Neck thickness: 1st fret 21mm (.825") \ 12th fret 23.5mm (.925")
- Nut material: bone/Graphtech TUSQ
- Nut width: 42 mm
- Fret size: medium / high
- Scale length: long scale, 25.5"
- Fingerboard radius: dead flat / 20" / 16" / 12"
- Neck joint: bolt on
- Neck profile: soft V shape
- Tailpiece/bridge: Tone Revival Veloce aged solid brass with Wilkinson adjustable compensated saddles
- Pickup covers: Tone Revival thick aged brass covers for improved shielding
- Jack plate: Tone revival Two Bearded Men aged brass neck plate
- Neck plate: Tone revival Two Bearded Men aged brass neck plate
- Switch plate: Tone Revival Jupiter aged brass toggle switch plate
- Knobs: Tone Revival Broad-cast aged brass knobs
- Tuning machines: Golden Age Restoration/Waverly (+ $200)
- Strings: Rotosound .010-.046 (other gauges available on request)
- Pickups: Tone Revival Dynamite Sticks humbuckers handmade made by Doug Tulloch
- Potentiometers: CTS
- Capacitors: Orange Drop
- Toggle switch: 6-way rotary
- Wiring: vintage harness, braided wire
- Jack: Switchcraft
WEIGHT AND DIMENTIONS
- Body thickness: 43mm (1-11/16")
- Body length: 416mm (16-3/8")
- Body width: 327mm (12-7/8")
- Total length : 945mm (37-7/32")
- Weight: 3.47 kg / 7.65 pounds
- $3,170.00 SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY PRICE (regular price $3,400)