Relentlessly breaking new musical ground with The Horrors for over a decade, Josh Hayward's reverb-drenched fusions of noise and melody have made him a reference point for a whole new generation of bands in search of left-field guitar tones...
Relentlessly breaking new musical ground with The Horrors for over a decade, Josh Hayward's reverb-drenched fusions of noise and melody have made him a reference point for a whole new generation of bands in search of left-field guitar tones. Fidelity Guitars is privileged to announce this new Signature Model, specifically designed to help you realise the sounds lurking at the limits of your imagination.
- Versatile hardware & pickup choices: Mastery vibrato for glide guitar, Mojotron humbucker for Cramps-like distortotwang and a Gold Foil in the neck for crystal clear shimmer.
- Unique construction: additional chambering, including under the bridge, to increase liveliness and speed up the onset of musical feedback.
- Custom wiring: independent no-load tone controls, 4-way rotary pickup selector with series option and a killswitch provide a wide range of sonic possibilities.
- Model: Josh Hayward Signature
- Type: double-cutaway semi-hollow electric
- Body: swamp ash with torrefied (roasted) swamp ash top
- Neck: one-piece maple (amber tint nitrocellulose base coat) with zebrawood skunk stripe, oil finish
- Neck profile: medium "C"
- Neck joint: bolted-in w/ brass inserts
- Neck inlays: clay
- Scratchplate: 3mm tortoiseshell acrylic
- Weight: approx. 7.6 lbs / 3.4 kg
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard: 10" to 16" compound radius
- Nut: 42mm bone
- Frets: 22, medium / jumbo
- Bridge: Fidelity Guitars billet aluminium with Gotoh SW-3 brass saddles
- Tailpiece: Mastery MV vibrato with Fidelity Guitars roller tension bar
- Neckplate: custom engraved "Sun Bear"
- Tuners: Gotoh SD-91 Magnum-Lock
- Pickups: Mojo Gold Foil single coil (neck) and Mojotron humbucker (bridge)
- Electronics: master volume w/ treble bleed, independent no-load tone controls for each pickup, 4-way rotary pickup selector with series option, killswitch (momentary toggle), Switchcraft jack
- Finish: "Ruby Woo" custom 4-layer red nitrocellulose, clear gloss nitrocellulose topcoat, hand-aged, the level of relicing can be specified after ordering
- Included extras: Hiscox hardcase, Heistercamp Catalyst leather strap