Though its shape may be a bit untraditional, the Salem feels like a nice, worn in shoe once you lace it up and take it for a leisurely stroll. Long walks not your thing? No problem. Embrace the inner wild child of this guitar. It'll make you feel like the belle of the ball...
Though its shape may be a bit untraditional, the Salem feels like a nice, worn in shoe once you lace it up and take it for a leisurely stroll. Long walks not your thing? No problem. Embrace the inner wild child of this guitar. It'll make you feel like the belle of the ball.
- Construction: solid body or semi-hollow (chambered)
- Orientation: right or left handed
- Wood: alder (roasted or unroasted), swamp ash (roasted or unroasted), poplar (roasted or unroasted), mahogany, korina, sapele, African whitewood, pine, others as requested
- Top wood: most anything as requested
- Other options: f-hole, no f-hole, or Walsh original top cut (all available for semi-hollows)
- Top carves: rounded edges (Tele or Strat styles for reference), German carve, unique Walsh rounded/step carve
- Binding: costs an additional $75 per side (inquire for colors and options)
- Neck wood: plain maple (roasted or unroasted), quartersawn maple (roasted or unroasted), birdseye maple (roasted or unroasted), flame maple (roasted or unroasted), mahogany, korina
- Orientation: right or left handed
- Back contours: C, Fat, Assymetrical, U
- Scale: 25.5"
- Fingerboard wood: various maples, Indian rosewood, pau ferro, ebony, Macassar ebony, walnut, bocote, zircote
- Radius: 7.25, 9.5, 10, 12, 16; compound radius available for an extra $50 (7.25-9.5, 9.5-12, 10-14, 10-16, 12-16)
- Frets: Dunlop 6000, 6100, 6105, 6125, 6130, 6150, 6230 (stainless steel also available for an additional $50, Gold Evo frets available for an extra $50)
- Fret count: 21 or 22
- Truss rod: headstock adjusting, heel adjusting, or heel spoke adjusting
- Inlays: faux clay, black, MOP
- Neck finish: oil, nitro, or combo (oil on back, nitro on face of headstock)
- Nut width: vintage 1.650", the modern 1.6875", the wide 1.750", and the super wide 1-7/8"
- Nut options: bone or TUSQ
- Headstock: Batwing or Teisco inspired hook headstock (both 6 in-line), reverse also available
- Logo: waterslide or firebrand
- Bridge: Jeff Senn (with Gotoh in-tune saddles), custom made vintage Tele style (with Gotoh in-tune saddles), custom made half Tele bridge (with Gotoh in-tune saddles), both of the above Tele bridges can be slotted for Bigsby and be top-loading or through-loading, Mastery, Embie Concepts Embie-matic, ABR-1, Nashville, wraptail, Hipshot hardtail, etc., more options available
- Vibrato: Mastery, Bigsby, NOS 1960's Hagstrom, Duesenberg, Maestro full vibrato, Maestro half vibrato
- String blocks: when using through-loading bridges custom made solid brass or aircraft grade aluminum string blocks are used rather than string ferrules
- Strap buttons: various options
- Material: most anything is available; every pickguard is custom made to fit the specs of each guitar
- Pickups: McNelly, Curtis Novak, Lambertone, Wolfetone, and Gemini Pickups
- Pots: Emerson CTS
- Capacitors: NOS PIOs or Orange Drop
- Output jack: Switchcraft
- Switches: Switchcraft
- Additional options: custom wiring (may incur upcharges), treble bleed mod, etc.
- Finish type: nitro (low plasticizer for vintage or regular plasticizer for high gloss) or oil
- Colors: most any opaque and vintage colors available including classic metallic colors, metal flake finishes (add $50), custom bursts
- Aging degree: anywhere from new high gloss to medium aging available
- Mono Sleeve or Vertigo depending on the model and specs of each guitar
- Stringjoy 10-46
- Salem: $2,795.00