Waterslide Coodercasters are one part lap steel and one part T-style, S-style, or J-style guitar with aged nitrocellulose lacquer finishes that have been lightly relic'd and aged. The bodies are generally lightweight alder or swamp ash...
Waterslide Coodercasters are one part lap steel and one part T-style, S-style, or J-style guitar with aged nitrocellulose lacquer finishes that have been lightly relic'd and aged. The bodies are generally lightweight alder or swamp ash.
The bridge pickups are Valco-style lap steel by Mojo Pickups UK which nail the vintage sound and design of the early pickups used on Supro, Oahu & National steel guitars. Very fat with tons of sustain and punch, this type of pickup is often used by slide players like Ry Cooder, Jason Isbell and Blake Mills. Their unique design with a surrounding metal base plate and pickup cover has a special magic with open tunings and bottleneck playing.
The neck pickups are vintage-spec Mojo UK gold foils, either Guyatone, Teisco or Dearmond spec. Gold foil pickups are a great choice as they hold their own with the lap steel pickup with a sweet top end and clarity that provides a nice complement, tonally.
Those of you familiar with Coodercasters know that the design of these old Valco-style lap steel pickups typically results in a middle position where three strings are in-phase and three are out. Waterslide has worked with Mojo Pickups to come up with a solution to that problem so all Waterslide Coodercasters with Mojo UK lap steel & gold foil pickups feature a switching system which allows all six strings to be in-phase with each other when both pickups are on.
Some Coodercasters feature a Duesenberg MultiBender for an additional charge which allows the player to do pedal steel bends on the B & G strings. Additionally, some Coodercasters feature a Mastery Vibrato + Staytrem vibrato/bridge combo for an additional charge.
Electronics include Emerson audio taper pots, a PIO capacitor and cloth covered wiring. Every guitar comes in a hardshell case.
- Construction: solid body
- Body: lightweight alder or swamp ash
- Neck: maple
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Neck profile: medium C, chunky soft V, full C (other options too)
- Trussrod: heel adjust
- Fingerboard: maple or rosewood
- Fingerboard radius: 9.5", 10", other
- Frets: 6105
- Nut: bone
- Nut width: 1.65"
- Inlays: dots
- Bridge pickup: Valco-style lap steel by Mojo Pickups, UK
- Neck pickup: vintage-spec Mojo UK gold foils (Guyatone, Teisco or Dearmond spec)
- Bridge: Kluson
- Vibrato: Duesenberg Multibender or Mastery Vibrato/Staytrem combo available as options
- Electronics: Emerson Audio taper pots, PIO capacitor, cloth covered wiring
- Tuners: Gotoh
- Weight: 7 to 8 lbs
- Finish: nitrocellulose laquer, lieghtly relic'd and aged
- Case: hardshell
- Coodercaster T-style: $2,199.00 - $2,499.00 depending on configuration
- Coodercaster S-style: $2,199.00 - $2,499.00 depending on configuration
- Coodercaster J-style: $2,199.00 - $2,499.00 depending on configuration