"Nothing new under the sun," you say? Then you've not seen and heard Versoul's revolutionary Reso Sun 6 Electric Acoustic resonator guitar. This instrument offers a host of distinctive features built into a sleek Finnish aspen body...
"Nothing new under the sun," you say? Then you've not seen and heard Versoul's revolutionary Reso Sun 6 Electric Acoustic resonator guitar.
This instrument offers a host of distinctive features built into a sleek Finnish aspen body that delivers a look, feel, and sound unlike any other resophonic instrument. Streamlined elegance radiates from its perforated chrome-plated steel sides and stunning gold leaf-plated resonator cover, adorned with sun beam sound holes!
This unique beauty rings forcefully as an acoustic resophonic guitar, thanks to its National-style cone, but gains extra bite when plugged in. Versoul's magnetic single coil pickup is your primary amplification option. The second is an AKG C411 PP contact condenser microphone fitted at the heart of the instrument's acoustic pulse, on the cone under the biscuit bridge. If amplifying the resonator's essence is your aim, the contact condenser is your most direct path. The AKG C411 PP uses an XLR output jack with a phantom power supply adapter in the jack. The Versoul pickup has a standard output jack, so you have the choice of utilizing both amplification sources simultaneously or solely the one of your preference.
- Body: Finnish aspen or alder w/ chrome plated perforated steel sides
- Nut: moose shinbone
- Tailpiece: Versoul East Indian rosewood
- Neck: round Finnish aspen/maple/aspen, bolt-on, two-way steel truss rod
- Fingerboard: East Indian rosewood (16" radius)
- Frets: 19 / Dunlop 6230
- Tuners: Gotoh SE700
- Pickguard: tortoise shell plastic
- Colors: dark sunburst neck (gloss), dark brown top and back (satin)
- Pickup: Versoul single coil with output jack
- Transducer: AKG C411 PP under cone condenser mic w/ XLR output and phantom power supply adapter
- Resonator: National style cone by Bread or other manufactures
- Bridge: Versoul maple biscuit
- Controls: volume and tone for magnetic pickup, separate outputs
- Finish: nitrocellulose lacquer
- Resonator coverplate: gold leaf plated w/ sun beam soundholes
- Peghead inlays: gold leaf
- Nut and saddles: moose shinbone
- Neck width at nut: 44.5 mm
- Scale length: 25 3/4" (654 mm)
- Body thickness: 62 mm
- Overall length: 1040 mm
- Reso Sun 6 Electric Acoustic: inquire
- Versoul humbucker
- Shaman soundholes on steel cone cover plate
- Different cone cover platings: frost silver, silver or gold
- Versoul Rattlenator for acoustic fuzz effect