Behold a bold next step in the resophonic revolution. Tuned as much as a perfect fifth below standard tuning (far below most open tunings), this baritone's extended scale opens up a rich range of resophonic tonal frontiers...
Behold a bold next step in the resophonic revolution. Here's an electric acoustic resonator guitar with a host of distinctive features, starting with its extra long scale length (26.75").
Tuned as much as a perfect fifth below standard tuning (far below most open tunings), this baritone's extended scale opens up a rich range of resophonic tonal frontiers. Exploring their depths is an adventure made elegant by a sleek Finnish aspen body detailed with perforated chrome-plated steel sides and a striking gold leaf-plated resonator cover plate adorned with sun beam sound holes!
Thanks to its National-style cone, this beauty delivers forcefully as an acoustic resophonic guitar, but gains extra bite when plugged in. Versoul's magnetic single coil pickup delivers your message, loud and clear. If you desire a more purely organic amplified sound, an AKG C411 PP contact condenser microphone is fitted at the heart of the instrument's acoustic pulse, on the cone under the biscuit bridge. The AKG C411 PP uses an XLR output jack with a phantom power supply adapter in the jack. The Versoul pickup has a standard output jack, so you have the choice of utilizing both amplification sources simultaneously or solely the one of your preference.
No less important than sound and appearance is playability, and that's expertly delivered by a gorgeous East Indian rosewood fingerboard (16" radius), ample width at the nut (44.5 mm), and the extended scale length (26.75") that lets you go deep as you dive into the baritone frontier. Finger style and slide guitarists, here's a superbly user friendly addition to your musical arsenal.
- Body: solid Finnish aspen or alder top and back
- Sides: chrome plated perforated steel
- Bridge: Versoul maple biscuit
- Cone: Beard or other National style
- Nut: moose shinbone
- Tailpiece: Versoul East Indian rosewood
- Neck: round Finnish aspen/maple, w/ two-way adjustable truss rod
- Neck joint: bolt-on
- Fingerboard: East Indian rosewood (16" radius)
- Frets: 19 / Dunlop 6130
- Tuners: Gotoh SE700
- Pickguard: tortoise shell plastic
- Pickup: Versoul single coil w/ separate output jack
- Transducer: AKG C411 PP under-cone condenser mic w/ phantom adapter on XLR jack
- Finish: natural neck (gloss), dark brown, black or natural top and back (satin)
- Resonator coverplate: wooden laminated & gold leaf plated w/sun beam soundholes
- Peghead inlays: gold leaf
- Nut: moose shinbone
- Cover plate: Versoul steel biscuit
- Neck width at nut: 44.5 mm
- Scale length: 26.75"
- Body thickness: 62 mm
- Overall length: 1020 mm
- Reso Sun 6 Electric Acoustic Baritone: inquire
- Versoul humbucker
- Shaman soundholes on steel resonator cover plate w/ frost silver, silver or gold plating
- Versoul Rattlenator for acoustic fuzz effect