East meets west in this original blend of guitar and sitar, an innovation that sounds as bold as it looks. Guitarists eager to incorporate the shimmery sounds of the sitar without learning a challenging new instrument will be delighted to set sail on the Caspian...
East meets west in this original blend of guitar and sitar, an innovation that sounds as bold as it looks.
Guitarists eager to incorporate the shimmery sounds of the sitar without learning a challenging new instrument will be delighted to set sail on the Caspian. It's a craft unlike any other, offering the smooth sailing of a 12-string neck with a unique adjustable bridge that lets you choose a buzzing sitar-style tonality or a clean 12-string sound and all sonic shades in between. The Caspian captures the allure of the exotic not only in its sound but also in its dramatic look — a teardrop body shape suggestive of eastern instruments is augmented by elegant half moon sound holes and gold leaf inlays.
The Caspian is a surprisingly lean and light craft, despite its extra long scale length (26.75"). Players eager to delve even deeper into the sitar experience are offered thirteen sympathetic strings and the option of a scalloped-fret fingerboard. With a keen eye for elegant ergonomics, Kari Nieminen has crafted a detachable knee rest that balances the instrument for optimal playing comfort.
- Top: solid two piece solid red cedar
- Back & sides: solid maple
- Bindings: maple/black fiber
- Bridge: Versoul East Indian rosewood
- Tailpiece: Versoul East Indian rosewood
- Neck: aspen/maple/aspen w/ two-way adjustable truss rod
- Fingerboard: East Indian rosewood (9.5" radius)
- Frets: 19 / Dunlop 6130
- Scale length: extra long for the loose sitar-style sound
- Tuners: Golden Age nickel plated
- Bridge: floating for adjusting fine tuning
- Saddles: adjustable for each string pair (for adjusting desired buzzing quickly)
- Removable hook: made of laminated wood veneers for playing stability
- Colors: natural, black or dark purple
- Finish: nitrocellulose lacquer
- Peghead veneer: visa birch
- Decorations: 23 carat gold leaf
- Nut: moose shinbone
- Neck width at nut: 46.5 mm
- Scale length: 26.75"
- Overall length: 1020 mm
- Caspian Acoustic 12 Sitar: inquire
- 6-string version w/ narrower neck
- Custom inlays/finishes on request
- Heavily scalloped fingerboard
- 13 symphatic strings for picking notes or playing chords harp-style