The Overdrive Deluxe is a very simple amp. It's more traditional in nature, as well as lighter and more compact. It can be ordered with either standard non-stack operation, or optional...
The Overdrive Deluxe is a very simple amp. It's more traditional in nature, as well as lighter and more compact. It can be ordered with either standard non-stack operation, or optional internally adjusted post overdrive stack (upcharge for post overdrive stack).
- Front panel controls: gain, treble, middle, bass, clean master, OD drive, OD master, presence
- Front panel switches: two position bright switch, mid boost, EQ1 and EQ2 (optional configurations available for EQ1 and 2)
- Rear panel switches: OD enable, boost enable, half power switch (100W or 4-6V6 amps), on/off and standby/on, impedance selector
- Insert jack for accessing the power amp section
- 3 button footswitch: clean/OD, boost and mid boost
- Santa Cruz has brighter tone with less gain and the notes have a fuzziness in OD mode. Santa Cruz is modelled after early ODS amps and is best in non-stack mode.
- Desert Sky has more gain, more focused upper mids and a very tight bass response. It is modelled after the '80s ODS amps and is very usable in both stack and non-stack modes. The tone stack boost has roll-off below 800 hertz, reducing the mud factor when it is enabled.
- AZ Bluesman has more bass attack, but softer. The bass control center is approximately 130 hertz (as compared to 80 hertz for the Desert Sky) with more bass bloom and shifted mid scoop (800hertz), giving it more lower mids and less upper mids. Tone stack boost is virtually ruler flat so there is a lot of everything. Works best in stack mode with the boost enabled, but also works well in non-stack mode as long as the boost is off. AZ Bluesman is modelled after the later '90s ODS amps.
- De Leo: Think Fender Twin on steroids. It has chimey cleans and scooped mids with a nice, clean bottom end.
- Custom voicings are available.
- Other options: EL34 vs 6L6, Half power switch for 100 watt amps.
- 50W: $3,135.00
- 100W: $3,363.00
- Internal post overdrive tonestack: $171.00 extra
- Bright on clean only: $34.20 extra (This modification sets up the amp so that the bright switch only effects the amp in clean mode. All amps have a three position bright switch: center = off, up = a little more brightness, down = a lot more brightness)
- FET preamp: $199.50 extra
- Tolex/grill: options based on availability, some require a small upcharge: inquire for pricing
- EL34 or 6L6, 50 or 100 Watts (or 4-6V6): inquire for pricing
- Combo version: $490.20 extra