The Deltone is a 6V6/6L6 based, 22/30 watt, single 12" combo. It is the result of requests from longstanding customers to build a black line series to emulate the beautiful sounds of the pre-CBS black amplifiers...
Classic pre-CBS black tone, based on the AB763 circuit.
"I am more than satisfied. This sound is amazing, Louis is a f*****g genious!!! I have (6 boutique amps I will not mention) and some vintage amps (6 vintage amps I will not mention), but this Deltone is absolutely killer. Just amazing. I had been looking for a 6v6 type amp for more than a year, I really hesitated between the (another amp) and the Deltone. Hands down I made the best decision!" - Deak Endre
The Deltone is a 6V6/6L6 based, 22/30 watt, single 12" combo. It is the result of requests from longstanding customers to build a black line series to emulate the beautiful sounds of the pre-CBS black amplifiers. The Deltone is a true two-channel amp with two inputs for each channel. One channel offers a straight sound and the other channel offers vibrato and reverb.
The tremolo circuit was modified from the opto-coupled or photo-cell tremolo circuit in the blackface amps and moved to a bias modulated circuit. This change provides a more pleasing and warmer sound to the ear.
The Normal and Vibrato channels of the Deltone have volume, treble, bass, reverb, speed, and intensity controls. The Vibrato channel has an additional middle control. The original blackface deluxe amp did not have a middle control. The middle control is a great addition as it provides more control for the player's midrange sound.
The Deltone comes standard with a 6V6 tube configuration. The amp can accommodate a 6L6 configuration with 35 watts of output power. An additional feature with the 6L6 configuration is a 4k/8k option. This allows the player to simply switch the load to provide a cleaner or more distorted sound. The 4k option provides cleaner tones, while the 8k option will lower the wattage and provide quicker mid-range break up.
- Classification: AB1, fixed bias
- Power output: 22 watts with 6V6, 30 watts with 6L6
- Speaker load: 8 ohms
- Normal channel (reverb and tremolo): 2 input
- Vibrato channel (reverb and tremolo): 2 input
- Controls, normal channel: volume, treble, bass, reverb, speed, intensity
- Controls, vibrato channel: volume, treble, middle, bass, reverb, speed, intensity
- Pre-amp tubes: 3-12AX7, 2-12AT7, 1-6SL7GT (normal channel)
- Output tubes: 2-6V6 or 2-6L6
- Rectifier: 5AR4
- Height: 18 3/4", Width: 24", Depth: 10"
- Weight: 42 lbs.
- Eyelet terminal board construction
- Hand selected caps and resistors
- Custom designed hand built transformers
- Belton tube sockets
- Switchcraft and Carling input jacks and switches
- High quality machine grade fasteners
- Moisture free circuit board
Color: two tone black/brown
Speaker: Jupiter 12LC