In the late 1960s and 1970s a unique sound in San Francisco was developing. Clean highs, barking mids and a distinct bottom end defined a band and a movement's sound...
Classic Jerry Garcia sound, based on the Blackface Twin Reverb.
"To all those cats out there who are serious about doing the music justice, the Captain Trips amp from Louis Electric gets right to the heart of the Jerry tone. The rest is up to your fingers." - Tom San Filippo, lead guitarist of Half Step
In the late 1960s and 1970s a unique sound in San Francisco was developing. Clean highs, barking mids and a distinct bottom end defined a band and a movement's sound. Steve Parish (road manager of the Grateful Dead) of Hard Truckers and Louis Rosano from Louis Electric Amplifiers came together to create first authentic reproduction of the sound and style of Jerry Garcia.
Four (4) KT-90 power tubes creates 150 watts of power based upon Jerry Garcia's beloved amp with a bit of a twist. Play it straight, or with the flip a switch, run your rig with a McIntosh 2300 (or similar) power amp just like Jerry did. Louis Electric catches the breathtaking tone of an American Legend. From the first note you will swear there is a presence (Jerry) in the room with you.
This unique amplifier is housed in a road-ready Hard Truckers Cabinet, complete with removable panels.
- Classification: AB1, fixed bias
- Power output: 150 watts
- Speaker load: 4 ohms
- Controls: 2 volume, 1 tone
- Four input
- Pre-amp tubes: 3-12AX7, 2-12AT7
- Output tubes: 4-KT90
- Rectifier: solid state rectifier
- Head: Height: 26", Width: 15", Depth: 10 3/4"
- Cabinet: Height: 28", Width: 15 1/2", Depth: 13"
- Head weight: 62 lbs.
- Cabinet: approximately 50 lbs. dependent on choice of speaker
- Eyelet terminal board construction
- Hand selected caps and resistors
- Custom designed hand built transformers
- Belton tube sockets
- Switchcraft and Carling input jacks and switches
- High quality machine grade fasteners
- Moisture free circuit board
Color: Natural wood
Speaker cabinet: call for price