The Bigtone Studio Plex 22 features the same amazing preamp section the Studio Plex mkII, now paired with an incredibly powerful, lightweight and controllable dual 6V6 power amp. This 22 watt dual channel amp weights below 10kg (head version)!!!...
These are, in our opinion, the finest channel switching amps made, and now, for a limited time you can save $949!
The Bigtone Studio Plex 22 features the same amazing preamp section the Studio Plex mkII, now paired with an incredibly powerful, lightweight and controllable dual 6V6 power amp. This 22 watt dual channel amp weights below 10kg (head version)!!! But don't worry, it has plenty of power to rock the house.
The Studio Plex 22 can cover two very different objectives: the studio player who needs a palette of tones thanks to the several toneshaping options that the circuit delivers, and the “I just need a couple of good sounds” player that doesn't want to get bored with complicated front panel controls.
From crispy British cleans to sweet classic overdrive, this amp can cover lots of different tones with preamp switch selections and the gain control. Exhibiting exceptional dynamics to capture the player's feeling. The overall response of this 22W amp is a little bit more mid-scooped when compared with the 50w-EL34s version. This amp reacts extremely well with boost and overdrive pedals. It just loves them and you’ll love how they perfectly mix together.
Channel 1 will get you in the clean to crunch department, depending on how you adjust the gain, 'bold-neutral-bright' switch and volume.
Channel 2 will get you into the low to medium-high gain sounds, also featuring a 'bold-neutral-bright' switch. The overall gain and feel of the amp is controlled by the high gain front panel switch, that will be the perfect option to go from smooth to aggressive sounds with the flick of a switch.
If that's not enough, there is an internal fixed gain boost available on both channels. This way Channel 1 can go up to classic rock sounds, and Channel 2 can go into hard rock high gain tones or liquid leads.
The power amp is based on a classic British 50 watt EL34 power amp, with some tweaks to allow adjustment on the fly from classic to modern sounds. Thanks to deep, feedback and presence controls the response can range from soft to hard, from focused to wider spectrum.
Bigtone amps all feature heavy-duty PCBs (2.4mm thick, double sided 70um copper) and oversized high quality components to ensure a problem-free life, along with Mercury Magnetics mains and output transformers and choke, and selected tubes for maximum tone from the first day of use. There is no need to hunt for improvement tweaks after purchase - extensive R&D in the lab and on stage means Bigtone can confidently say they have already done that for you.
- 22 watts, 2 channels
- Channel 1 features gain and volume controls, and a bright-neutral-bold voice switch
- Channel 2 features gain and volume controls, and a bright-neutral-bold voice switch
- High gain / low gain overall mode switch
- Footswitchable gain boost available on both channels
- Shared EQ and presence
- Serial FX loop designed for maximum transparency, with selectable +4dBu/-10dBV level
- Rear panel featuring deep and feedback controls for adjusting the overall response
- 3x ECC83/12AX7 preamp tubes
- 2x 6V6 power tubes
- Heyboer custom transformers and choke
- Dual speaker output jacks with impedance selector for 4-8-16 ohm
- 2 stereo jacks for external switchable features control
- Rear onboard switches for direct selection without footswitch or switching system connected to the amp
- Footswitchable features: CH1/CH2, gain boost and FX loop on/bypass
- Available for 110-120-220-240 mains voltage
- Custom finish available without price increase
- Head dimensions: 50(W)x24(H)x21(D)cm, height includes rubber feet & handle
- Head weight: 9.75kg
- Studio Plex 22 22 watt head: $2,699.00