This 30 watt head and 2x12 companion speaker cabinet is for players who love the unique tone and bread-and-butter simplicity of the Monarch, but need it in a louder package for the big stage...
"The Benson Chimera 30 is truly one of the greatest sounding amps to cross our threshold…I’m surely buying one for myself. It’s a most magnificent mix of a massive Tweed 6V6 driven amp crossed with a JTM 45/100 and VOX AC30 but all with that fat, warm, stunning edge of breakup courtesy of the quad of 6V6s." - Cliff
This 30 watt head is for players who love the unique tone and bread-and-butter simplicity of the Monarch, but need it in a louder package for the big stage. Like other Bensons, it is fully hand-wired point to point on terminal strips using premium components and Mercury Magnetics transformers. Instead of a British-American switch, the Chimera has a bass control that takes the differences between the voices of the Monarch and makes them variable. The tone controls are musical and versatile - it is hard to find a harsh sound!
- 4 x JJ 6V6 power tubes, 2 x JJ 12X7 preamp tubes, 5AR4 rectifier
- 30 watts
- Speaker outputs: 1 x 8 ohm, 1 x 16 ohm
- Point to point construction on terminal strips, no circuit, eyelet or turret board
- Mercury Magnetics transformers
- Carbon Comp resistors
- Mallory 150M tone capacitors
- DC filments for low noise
- Dovetailed pine speaker cabinets
- Baltic birch head cabinet
- Head 18.5” W 8” H 8” D, 22 lbs
- Chimera 30 Head: $1,999.00