The Super 78 captures the feel and tone of rock's golden period during the '70s and '80s giving you the flexibility to go from clean to mean. The Reeves Super 78 features 50 watts using two Ruby EL34BHTs...
The Super 78 captures the feel and tone of rock's golden period during the '70s and '80s giving you the flexibility to go from clean to mean. The Reeves Super 78 features 50 watts using two Ruby EL34BHTs. Also utilized are premium, ultra-fast recovery 11amp-1000volt diodes for better mids, tighter lows and a sweeter top end, as well as DC on the preamp tube filaments to minimize hum and noise. The controls provide tons of tone shaping capability, and include knobs for gain, drive, bass, mid, treble, cut and a post phase inverter master volume. There's also a resonance control which lets you dial in the exact bass response you want, from a tight and punchy tone to looser, more vintage tone.
Power Scaling is a proprietary technology London Power developed to allow the maximum power of an amplifier to be dialed down to whatever level you need. Most Tube amplifiers have a "sweet spot." This occurs when the amplifier's power tubes are pushed into what is known as "clipping," "break-up," or "saturation." The tone and harmonics being produced by the amplifier in this state is why the majority of guitar players prefer vacuum tubes. Unfortunately, in order to get an amplifier into the "sweet spot" the associated louder volume can be very undesirable. Power scaling allows the user to keep the "sweet spot" at any volume!
Unlike power attenuators that are placed between the amplifier and the speakers - causing the amplifier to "cook itself" and seriously shorten tube life. Power Scaling allows the power output stage to be variable from full volume all the way down to bedroom levels while still achieving power tube "break up." Other advantages of Power Scaling are longer tube life at any setting less than maximum. When the Power Scale control is in the minimum position the amplifier is now in standby thus eliminating the need for a standby switch.
- 50 watts
- 2 Ruby EL34BHT's4M
- 3 12AX7 preamp tubes
- 1 12AX7 phase inverter tube
- Hand wired turret board construction
- Premium, ultra fast recovery rectifier diodes (FRED's)
- All-tube circuit
- DC on the preamp tube filaments
- CNC laser cut 16 guage steel chassis
- Gain, drive, bass, mids, treble, cut, PPI master volume
- Switchable 4, 8, 16 ohm impedance switch
- 2 speaker outs
- Resonance control for extra bass frequency control (not available with the EFX loop option)
- 120V, 230V 50/60Hz voltage selector on the rear of the unit
- Made in the USA
- Super 78PS Head - 50 Watts (with Power Scaling)
- 25-3/16" (width) x 10-7/8 " (height) x 11-1/4 " (depth)
- 42 lbs.