Model: Grand Wheel, Date of build: 06/2017, Serial number: GW1704, Body: semi-hollow African mahogany with maple top, Neck: hard maple with purpleheart stripe, Fingerboard: Indian ebony, Fretwire: 22 Jescar medium jumbo...
The Grand Wheel is a deluxe version of La Grange's The Wheel, with a semi-hollow mahogany body and a maple top. Loaded with the Preacher set from Tyson Tone Pickups (Hand made in California), the Grand Wheel is such a classy instrument!
Since Benjamin, the owner of La Grange Guitars, became a guitar builder, he has been eager to create a new "classic" instrument for the blues and rock guitar player. He wanted to come out with an original design with uncompromised playability and comfort that would look and feel familiar, an instrument with incredible responsiveness and sensitivity, able to produce a wide range of tones, from fat and juicy low ends to sparkling highs, through crunchy middles tones.
The Grand Wheel is the most refined result of Benjamin's quest - a short scale (24.75") set neck guitar. This original tone woods combination provides the twang and high ends that you can't get on traditional short scale style guitars and your low ends can be really fat and juicy without losing clarity.
Easy access to the upper frets is ensured by the original design of the cutaway and of the set neck joint. Fingerboard smooth rolled edges, body curves and a belly cut provide maximum comfort to the guitar.
- Model: Grand Wheel
- Date of build: 06/2017
- Serial number: GW1704
- Body: semi-hollow African mahogany with maple top
- Neck: hard maple with purpleheart stripe
- Fingerboard: Indian ebony
- Fretwire: 22 Jescar medium jumbo
- Headstock: Indian ebony with celluloid inlay
- Electronics: Switchcraft toggle, CTS 500k pots, 22k Orange cap, treble bleed circuit
- Parts: aged, Gotoh tuners, USA ABR-1 bridge & aluminum tailpiece
- Weight: 5.86 lbs.
- Finish: flame burst top
- Pickups: Tyson Tone Lab Hhumbuckers (Preacher set)
- Strings: NXL 10-46 D’Addario