This particular Doxa features a gorgeous figured 1 piece mahogany body, an original top carve with perimeter striping, a roasted 1 piece 5A flame maple neck, and the best hardware and electronics in the biz...
What happens when you reverse the shape of a guitar? And what happens when a guitar builder is a bit of a smaller guy? Well the Walsh Guitars Doxa is the answer. Designed to catch the eye, the Doxa also looks at home on anyone under the height of 6 feet. No massive semi-hollows here. No Firebird-length bodies that make even Shaquille O'Neal look small.
What you can expect, however, is an instrument that more than makes up for its size in big tone and a scrappy attitude. Every Doxa features a one piece body that is 1.75" thick. This makes for a very resonant instrument – one you can feel vibrate against your stomach as you play.
This particular Doxa was given some special treatment. It features a gorgeous figured 1 piece mahogany body, an original top carve with perimeter striping, a roasted 1 piece 5A flame maple neck, and the best hardware and electronics in the biz. We all know the quality of a guitar is the sum of its parts, and with this guitar no corners were cut.
Other unique features include a plasticizer-free shell pink nitrocellulose finish (just like the good ol days, which means it will eventually fade/amber and weather check naturally), extremely versatile McNelly pickups, an inlaid/flush handmade neck plate, a Tele-style bridge, and staggered post tuners. Another fun note is that atop the shell pink is a clear coat with crushed diamonds…that's right, DIAMONDS.
- Serial #: DOX0009
- Body construction: solidbody
- Body wood: one piece African mahogany
- Finish: 100% plasticizer free nitro (shell pink)
- Age degree: NOS
- Extras: original top carve, crushed diamonds in top coat
- Headstock: Walsh Japanese-inspired
- Neck construction: vintage modern
- Neck wood: roasted 5A flame maple (one piece)
- Nut width: 1 11/16"
- Neck contour: standard C (.84-.92")
- Fretwire: 6105
- Fret number: 21
- Radius: 9.5-12"
- Inlays: black
- Nut: bone
- Neck finish: hand rubbed oil
- Scale: 25.5"
- Truss rod: heel adjusting spoke
- Logo: firebranded W
- Bridge: US made Tele-style
- Saddles: brass barrel
- Jackplate: nickel electrosocket
- Tuners: open-gear locking Hipshot
- Pickguard: semi-translucent white plexi
- Strap buttons: standard vintage issue
- Controls: amp style black/silver
- Truss rod: steel spoke
- Pickups: McNelly/Walsh split-coil and T-bar bridge
- Wiring schematic: V-T-3 way
- Pots: Emerson CTS 250K
- Capacitor: NOS PIO caps (.033uf)
- Output jack: Switchcraft
- Pickup switches: Switchcraft
- Wiring: vintage
- Additional: treble bleed
- Case: Mono Vertigo
- Shielded cavities: yes
- Paperwork: included
- Strings: stringjoy custom set (.10-.48)
- Knobs: amp
- Switch tip: aluminum
- Final weight: 5.8 lbs
- Doxa, Pink: $2,695.00 (introductory price!)