The Beardsell L'il Birdy electric guitar has a classic Tele shape, a top-bound chambered body of Spanish cedar finished in a parchment white with matching head face. The look is set off in high contrast with a bakelite pickguard and vintage bakelite radio knobs...
The Beardsell L'il Birdy electric guitar has a classic Tele shape, a top-bound chambered body of Spanish cedar finished in a parchment white with matching head face. The look is set off in high contrast with a bakelite pickguard and vintage bakelite radio knobs, tortoise binding and rosewood fingerboard. The super-stable neck is reinforced with two static carbon-fibre rods that resist hingeing of the neck near the body joint. The neck is adjustable with a two-way trussrod. The bridge is a new American standard style with six saddles housing a TV Jones Filtertron humbucker. In the neck position is a handwound stacked-rail humbucking Charlie Christian-style pickup. Alone or together these pickups will go places that most pickups just can't, with deep resonant mids and chimey trebles. Elegance any way you look at it or hear it.
- Back/sides: chambered solid-body Spanish cedar
- Neck: curly maple
- Neck profile: teardrop C/V offset (assymetrical)
- Fretboard: pau ferro
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Fretboard radius: 16"
- Fret material: stainless steel SM 152
- Fret count: 22
- Head inlay: logo decal, Beardsell "L'il Birdy"
- Fret markers: side 3-5-7-9-12-15-17-19 dots
- Nut material: bleached beef bone
- Truss rod: steel 2-way
- Neck rods: 2 static carbon-fibre
- Neck pickup: Stacked Charlie Christian style--A5, 41awg, 12K
- Bridge pickup: TV Jones Filtertron Classic Plus
- Pickup type: passive humbucker
- Pickup cover/material: Filtertron-chrome, Christia-ivoroid
- Controls: volume, tone, 3-way blade toggle
- Pots: 500k CTS
- Treble bleed: yes--0.001uf/150K
- Tone cap: 0.022uf orange drop
- Bridge: TV Jones American Tele Standard for Filtertron
- Jack: 1/4" Switchcraft
- Jack mount: Electrosocket
- Tuners: Goto, Kluson style
- Control knobs: vintage radio bakelite
- Switch: Switchcraft 3-way blade toggle
- Body finish: parchment white
- Neck finish: gloss clear, burst highlight toner
- Case: Ameritage silver
- Pickguard: black bakelite
- Pickup mounts: bridge plate and pickguard screw-mount
- Nut width: 1 11/16"
- Spacing: 2 1/8"
- Fretboard width: narrow
- Fingerboard binding: none
- Body depth: 1 3/4"
- Body width: 13.25" (lower bout)
- Body length: 16.75"
- Body binding: yes, tortoise celluloid
- Overall length: 39"
- Neck join fret count: 16
- Finish type: water-bourne lacquer