The Buster is based on a 5E3 Tweed Deluxe. As you would expect, it covers the sparkling highs and smooth midrange and has a solid low end that never loses its poise...
Classic 6V6/6L6 sound, based on 5E3 Tweed Deluxe.
"You've got a bread and butter rig that absolutely eclipses every 5E3 knock-off we've ever played. Now, before you consider calling to ask if it's really that good, yes, it's really that good." - The ToneQuest Report
The Buster is based on a 5E3 Tweed Deluxe. As you would expect, it covers the sparkling highs and smooth midrange and has a solid low end that never loses its poise. The Buster has astonishing headroom and plays as a full-sized single 12" tube amp with 35-40 watts.
The Buster features a custom transformer, fixed bias system, 6V6/6L6 tubes, one 12AT7 phase inverter tube, one 12AX7 preamp input tube and 3 input jacks. The amp has two channels - Bright and Normal. A switch has also been added to provide the player with increased gain. The channels can be bridged for maximum tonal sculpting. The amp provides two volume controls and one tone control. An additional feature with the 6L6 configuration is a 4k/8k option. This allows the player to simply switch the load to provide a cleaner or more distorted sound. The 4k option provides cleaner tones, while the 8k will lower the wattage and provide quicker mid-range break up. Despite its size and relatively low price, the Buster has all the same quality components and design work of any Louis Electric amplifier.
The Louis Electric Buster is designed to provide the classic 6V6/6L6 sound with a relatively low, usable 18 watt 6V6 output or 28 watt 6L6 output. From quiet practice at home, to rehearsal to gigs at small to medium venues -- grab it and go because the Buster does it all.
- Classification: AB1, fixed bias
- Power output: 6V6-22W, 6L6-30W
- Speaker load: 8 ohms
- Controls: 2 volume, 1 tone
- Three input with a gain switch
- Pre-amp tubes: 1-12AX7 input, 1-12AT7 phase inverter
- Output tubes: 2-6V6/6L6
- Rectifier: 1-5AR4
- Height: 16", Width: 20"
- Weight: 35 lbs.
- Eyelet terminal board construction
- Hand selected caps and resistors
- Custom designed hand built transformers
- Belton tube sockets
- Switchcraft and Carling input jacks and switches
- High quality machine grade fasteners
- Moisture free circuit board
- Buster, Brown-Black, Jupiter 12LC speaker: $1,500.00 SUPER SALE (regularly $2,195)