This is a stunning example of a Tulsa, with a lovely Brazilian rosewood fingerboard. The top is nicely figured, and is what Dantzig calls "rustic" figured maple, in that it shows a lot of mineral streaking and is more natural like many of the original 1950s Les Paul Standards...
The Tulsa model is a perfect blend of long scale shimmer and short scale grunt. Jol envisioned a guitar that would be comfortable to play for Tele and Strat lovers who wanted a little of that Les Paul muscle without sacrificing their rhythm sound. For Gibson players, the Tulsa will step your tone into new areas and still feel like an old friend. Standard inlays are your choice of 12th fret, seven piece pearl and abalone "claw" or pearl dots. Available with a wide variety of options.
ABOUT THIS GUITAR
This is a stunning example of a Tulsa, with a lovely Brazilian rosewood fingerboard. This stuff is getting scarce, so Dantzig is buying it when it is available.
The top is nicely figured, and is what Dantzig calls "rustic" figured maple, in that it shows a lot of mineral streaking and is more natural like many of the original 1950s Les Paul Standards. The color on the front is a faded dark burst, which is as though it were originally a dark burst, but has faded over time. The pickups are the John Grail P90s that Lance Keltner loves so much, and Dantzig opted for the black covers that look best with this color top. Amazingly, it weighs 7 lbs 1 oz!
- Model: Tulsa Darkburst
- Serial #: 80127
- Finish: low gloss "violin" nitro
- Color: faded darkburst top/tobacco back
- Body: mahogany
- Neck: mahogany
- Top: bookmatched "rustic" curly mapl, German carve
- Back: mahogany
- Scale length: compensated 25.5"
- Fingerboard: Brazilian rosewood
- Fingerboard: radius 12"
- Frets: wide oval Jescar .050"x.090"
- Inlay: 7 piece abalone and mop "claw" @ 12th fret
- Neck shape: vintage D shape
- Nut: bone
- Headplate: ebony
- Tuners: Sperzel open back Sound-Lok, matte nickel with ivoroid buttons
- Pickups: John Grail P90
- Bridge: ultra-lightweight aluminum wraparound w/locking studs, USA made
- Strap buttons: Straplock
- Control config: 2 volume, 2 tone contour, 3-way Switchcraft toggle
- Pots: Bournes with treble bleed
- Weight: 7 lbs 1 oz
- Caps: Sprague Orange Drops
- Case: blonde G&G