This particular Kavod was given some special treatment. It features a gorgeous, figured semi-hollow mahogany body, 5A spruce top, a vintage vibed sound hole, a vintage stained 1 piece maple neck with rosewood fretboard, McNelly pickups, Emerson pots, and a NOS PIO capacitor...
The Kavod is pretty classic and straightforward. At Walsh Guitars, however, this timeless design has been given some tweaks, and upgrades, and can be ordered with near endless options. The formula, though slightly modified, remains tried and true and yields a predictably powerful and signature tone.
This particular Kavod was given some special treatment. It features a gorgeous, figured semi-hollow mahogany body, 5A spruce top, a vintage vibed sound hole, a vintage stained 1 piece maple neck with rosewood fretboard, McNelly pickups, Emerson pots, and a NOS PIO capacitor. We all know the quality of a guitar is the sum of its parts, and with this guitar no corners were cut.
Other unique features include a plasticizer-free nitrocellulose finish (just like the good ol days, which means it will eventually fade/amber and weather check naturally), a unique transparent metallic champagne color, and an inlaid/flush neck plate and input jack.
- Construction: semi-hollow
- Wood: figured mahogany
- Top wood: 5A spruce
- Finish: semi-transparent inca + natural B&S (nitro)
- Headstock: Walsh Kavod
- Neck construction: vintage modern
- Neck wood: lightly figured maple
- Fingerboard wood: Indian rosewood
- Nut width: 1 11/16"
- Neck contour: medium C
- Fretwire: 6105 Jescar
- Fret count: 22
- Radius: 12"
- Inlays: clay
- Nut: mammoth bone
- Neck finish: hand rubbed aged oil
- Scale: 25.5"
- Truss rod: vintage, headstock adusting
- Logo: branded W logo
- Bridge: USA made Tele
- Saddles: vintage brass
- Ferrules: steel
- Jackplate: black electrosocket
- Tuners: open gear locking Hipshot
- Strap buttons: aluminum
- Pickups: McNelly mini-hum and T-Bar (B)
- Wiring schematic: V-T-Toggle
- Pots: Emerson CTS 250K
- Capacitor: NOS PIO caps (.33uf)
- Output jack: Switchcraft
- 3-way switch: Switchcraft
- Wiring: vintage
- Additional: treble bleed mod on volume
- Case: Mono grey sleeve
- Shielded cavities: yes
- Paperwork: included
- Strings: Walsh/StringJoy custom
- Nut is filed for .11-.48 gauge stings
- Pickguard: black plexi
- Knobs: amp knobs
- Control tip: aluminum
- Kavod Fiesta Red/Gold: $2,395.00