Do not let the shape fool you, as this guitar is one mighty screaming classic blues/rock machine with tone that will keep you mesmerized for as long as you can hold the guitar The Twist features Spalt's new tuned-torsion headstock...
TONE OF THE GODS.
Do not let the shape fool you, as this guitar is one mighty screaming classic blues/rock machine with tone that will keep you mesmerized for as long as you can hold the guitar.
The Twist features Spalt's new tuned-torsion headstock. The lines of the neck are extended past the nut and the headstock is twisted to accommodate the tuners while maintaining the silhouette and straight string path - it's a bit like a propeller blade. The geometry distributes the stiffness of the headstock blade equally across each string. The upper straplock button rod can be extended for optimal balance when playing standing up.
The Steinbeger trem has a locking feature - when you move the arm down, it locks into place. Tuning should be done with the arm in the locked position, so there is no pitch change when disengaging. The round button on top adjusts the pitch of the trem via a pivoting section of the block that holds the springs (functions sort of like the Schaller 'Sure Claw').
- Central body: koa from a stash dating back to the '60s
- Body wings: wenge, adjustable
- Neck: wenge
- Heel extends into the body
- Tremolo springs are attached directly to the neck heel
- Fingerboard: ebony
- Scale: 25 1/2"
- Tuners: Hipshot locking with barrel knobs
- Extendable upper straplock button
- Trem: Steinberger with locking feature for precice tuning
- Pickups: Joe Barden, SC in neck, Two-Tone HB in bridge
- Volume knob is push-pull for the different sounds
- All wrenches and instructions included in case
- $3,500.00 (SUPER SALE - normally $6,550)