To create their two custom electric guitar models, Spirit of the Wind and the Thunder Child, the two bearded men at Tone Revival examined, restored, and played a wide array of instruments, sometimes outside the guitar realm, covering well over a century of workmanship; from antebellum gut-strung guitars, through grail acoustics such as Larsons, pre-war Martins, '40s Gibsons, and, of course, classic '50s electrics.
You will find that the Tone Revival guitars are not another set of '50s style relic-ed replicas, but original designs that celebrate the new revival of truly handmade guitars. Set against the harsh reality of the rising digital domain, the Tone Revival partners are defiant, and proud of their labor, artistic skills, and craftsmanship.
Benjamin Millar, master luthier, is the builder of the world-renowned Bouzoukitara which was made for guitarist Yossi Sassi (Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Marty Friedman and Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal). Benjamin specializes in guitar making, traditional woodworking techniques and restoration of antique musical instruments.
Benjamin Millar, specs
- Has been playing a variety of musical instruments since he was 8.
- Picked up a guitar at 12; never looked back.
- Bearded since 2002.
- Studied industrial design at Holon Institute of Technology
- B.A. in archaeology, ancient cultures and religion from Tel-Aviv University; graduated with honors.
- Worked at a grand piano restoration workshop for 15 years, doing overhauls on 50-150 year-old instruments, specializing in traditional woodworking techniques.
- Has been making guitars since 2005.
David Weizmann, award-winning designer, is the man who is responsible for the best debut guitar model in history - the electric parlor guitar that launched a thousand like it, the Little Sister. Designed for his friends at B&G Guitars the Little Sister instantly became a modern classic. David specializes in traditional metalwork and design, and is responsible for all Tone Revival's one-of-a-kind guitar hardware.
David Weizman, specs
- Award winning designer.
- Specializing in ancient metalworking techniques.
- Savant pizza chef.
- Guitar player since forever.
- Designer of the modern classic "Little Sister" guitar for B&G Guitars and an avid guitar collector and restorer.