Folks, what we have here is a tobacco burst masterpiece from master luthier Ken Mckay. The feel, looks, playability and tone are of the highest order. This is as good as it gets. It's time to step up to the last semi-hollow you'll ever need...
Folks, what we have here is a tobacco burst masterpiece from master luthier Ken Mckay. The feel, looks, playability and tone are of the highest order. This is as good as it gets. It's time to step up to the last semi-hollow you'll ever need.
This guitar has a mild closet classic relic finish.
Those players who are familiar with McKay guitars will know Ken McKay is fond of laminated construction to create a semi-hollow guitar. This is opposed to carving solid wood to make the plates. Ken has done both and is not an advocate of either one over the other but he does advocate using materials to get the sound desired. Ken laminates his own plates using custom sliced maple veneers of different thicknesses to engineer the stiffness across and along the plates. This helps him get a guitar that can go to 10 with a Marshall stack and sustain a note from now 'til sunrise. Ken incorporates high grade wood because he feels it is important. This includes straight grained spruce for contour bracing, soft, light maple for the center block, old growth mahogany for the neck, Brazilian rosewood for fingerboards, holly headstock veneers, and mahogany kerfed linings and blocks.
- McKay Sunrise 19 laminated thinline
- 16" lower bout
- 1.68" thick body at the rims
- Light curly maple top and back
- Nitrocellulose tobacco burst finish (mild closet classic relic)
- Old-growth mahogany neck
- Single bound fingerboard
- Gold cellulose nitrate fingerboard blocks
- Pearl name logo and shield inlay
- Holly veneer on the peghead painted with black lacquer
- Single bound body, ivory
- 1 11/16 Bone nut
- Neck thickness at the first fret 0.90 inches
- Neck thickness at the 12th fret 1.03 inches
- Chrome plated Seth Lover Seymour Duncan pickups
- Chrome plated TOM bridge
- Lightweight aluminum chrome plated tailpiece with long studs
- Nickel plated double ring Kluson tuners
- Two tone two volume gold reflector knobs with vintage wiring