This guitar was made for me by Ken McKay. It plays and sounds as good as one could possibly hope for and dream of. It’s an exceptional guitar and was my own (not a demo guitar) for the past year. - Cliff Cultreri...
This guitar was made for me by Ken McKay. It plays and sounds as good as one could possibly hope for and dream of. It’s an exceptional guitar and was my own (not a demo guitar) for the past year. - Cliff Cultreri
Here is how the Spirit is built. The body wood is single-piece African mahogany. It is double chambered with a solid center and is topped with a maple cap which is carved using old world arching esthetics. The maple is sourced in northern Michigan. This gives the body, with its air chambers, a series of natural resonances that are in that punchy mid-range, yet it retains a distinctive low end. It is bound with single ivory on top and an SG\ES335 style mahogany neck is attached with 19 frets clear of the body. The neck is made and shaped to 1959 specifications. Hide glue is used for the neck joint and to attach the fingerboard. The body then gets routed for double humbuckers. A stop tailpiece and a Tune-O-Matic bridge are perfectly aligned. Only the best quality vintage style tuners are used, in addition to pots, wiring and of course PAF style pickups.
So that the guitar will feel like a well-worn pair of jeans the nickel plated hardware and nitrocellulose lacquer are antiqued just enough to make it look comfortable. Some extra time is taken to buff out the finish on the wheel and by hand, and it’s ready to ship in a plush lined form-fit hardshell case.
- African mahogany, single piece, chambered back
- Center seam carved, Michigan maple cap with one f-hole
- South American mahogany neck
- Rosewood fingerboard, single bound with cellulose nitrite inlays
- Holly peghead veneer lacquered black with pearl logo and shield inlay
- Neck dimensions 0.92 at first 1.02 at 12th
- 1 11/16 nut width
- 19 frets out of body
- Kluson single ring deluxe tuners
- Nickel TOM bridge and lightweight tailpiece, long bushings in body
- Wizz PAP pickups
- Cream Wizz pickup rings
- Cream pickguard
- 10-46 D'addario strings
- Two volume, two tone, vintage wiring with 3-way Switchcraft switch
- Weight 7.5 pounds
- Super Sale, Mint Condition, Dealer Owned: $2,950.00 (sells new for $6,500)