This particular Yadah features a gorgeous one piece mahogany body, maple top, a German carve, a roasted 1 piece 5A flame maple neck, and the best hardware and electronics in the biz...
The Yadah is a nod to several inspirations: Japanese, Italian and German semi-hollow bodied instruments from the 1960s. Those designs were notoriously quirky and creative, but they lacked dependability, serviceability, and most of all – solid tone.
In an effort to take all the best yet correct the worst, Walsh Guitars designed the Yadah from the ground up. What evolved was a slightly smaller bodied semi-hollow/chambered design that is free from feedback, is incredibly resonant, and has lots of attitude – both visually and audibly.
This particular Yadah was given some special treatment. It features a gorgeous one piece mahogany body, maple top, a German carve, a roasted 1 piece 5A flame maple neck, and the best hardware and electronics in the biz. We all know the quality of a guitar is the sum of its parts, and with this guitar no corners were cut.
Other unique features include a plasticizer-free nitrocellulose finish (just like the good ol days, which means it will eventually fade/amber and weather check naturally), vintage Kay-inspired pickups from Curtis Novak, and an inlaid/flush neck plate.
- Serial #: YAD0003
- Body construction: semi-hollow
- Body wood: one piece African mahogany
- Top wood: hard rock maple
- Finish: 100% plasticizer free nitro (Mosport Green)
- Age degree: NOS
- Extras: German carve
- Headstock: Walsh batwing
- Neck construction: vintage modern
- Neck wood: roasted 5A flame maple (one piece)
- Nut width: 1 11/16"
- Neck contour: standard C (.825-.915")
- Fretwire: 6105
- Fret number: 21
- Radius: 12"
- Inlays: black
- Nut: bone
- Neck finish: hand rubbed oil
- Scale: 25.5"
- Truss rod: heel adjusting spoke
- Logo: firebranded W
- Bridge: Mastery
- Saddles: Mastery
- Tremolo: Mastery
- Jackplate: aluminum electrosocket
- Tuners: open-gear locking Hipshot
- Pickguard: aluminum
- Strap buttons: standard vintage issue
- Controls: amp style white/silver
- Truss rod: steel spoke
- Pickups: Curtis Novak kleenex kay-style
- Wiring schematic: V-T-3 way
- Pots: Emerson CTS 500K
- Capacitor: NOS PIO caps (.033uf)
- Output jack: Switchcraft
- Pickup switches: Switchcraft
- Wiring: vintage
- Additional: treble bleed
- Knobs: amp
- Tremolo tip: parchment
- Rear plate: black
- Final weight: 6.6 lbs
- Yadah, Mosport Green: $2,695.00 (introductory price!)