The Beardsell 7D is a mid-sized (15.25") semi-acoustic archtop/flatback guitar. The top is a carved Englemann spruce featuring Beardsell's edge-port f-holes. The pickups and tailpiece (Bigsby B-11 tremelo with Chet Atkins arm) are mounted to the centre-block...
Welcome to the Beardsell 7D, a true semi-acoustic archtop electric guitar.
The Beardsell 7D is a mid-sized (15.25") semi-acoustic archtop/flatback guitar. The top is a carved Englemann spruce featuring Beardsell's edge-port f-holes. The pickups and tailpiece (Bigsby B-11 tremelo with Chet Atkins arm) are mounted to the centre-block - only the bridge and electronic controls are mounted directly to the top. This is to keep the guitar lively and acoustic-like in its response, shaping the overall character that ultimately comes out of the amplifier. The back and sides are curly rock maple, the neck is a big leaf maple reenforced by a two-way truss rod and two carbon-fibre rods. The tuners are Gotoh 510 with ebony buttons, and there is a black ebony fingerboard, bridge and headpiece. The tune-o-matic-style bridge and foot is made with anti-sag ebony. The pickguard is single-ply bakelite. The pickups are a handwound set of PAF-style humbuckers with high output, controlled by a treble-bled 500k volume and tone pot that will stay flat on 10 or 2.
- Top: Englemann spruce, fully carved arch
- Back/sides: curly rock maple
- Internal structure: basswood centre block
- Internal treatment: laminated-back control cavities
- Neck: curly big leaf maple
- Neck profile: teardrop C/V (flat thumb-side, rounded finger side)
- Fretboard: ebony
- Scale length: 24.9"
- Fretboard radius: 16"
- Fret material: nickel-silver SM 152
- Fret count: 24
- Head inlay: logo only
- Fret markers: side/top 3-5-7-9-12-15-17-19 holly strips and dots
- Nut material: bleached beef bone
- Truss rod: steel 2-way
- Neck rods: 2 static carbon-fibre
- Neck pickup: PAF-style humbucker--A5, 42awg, 9.5K
- Bridge pickup: PAF-style humbucker--A5, 43awg, 10K
- Pickup type: passive humbucker
- pickup cover/material: nickel
- Controls: volume, tone, 3-way toggle
- Pots: 500k CTS
- Treble bleed: yes--0.001uf/150K
- Tone cap: 0.022uf orange drop
- Bridge: ebony tune-o-matic, Nashville thumbwheel feet
- Tailpiece: Bigsby B-11, with Chet Atkins-style arm
- Tailpiece mount/support: Bigsby stood off from top on threaded posts into center block
- Jack: 1/4" Switchcraft
- Jack mount: Electrosocket
- Tuners: Gotoh 510 chrome w/ebony buttons
- Control knobs: black horn domes
- Switch: Switchcraft 3-way toggle
- Top finish: gloss clear/red
- Back finish: gloss clear/red
- Neck finish: gloss clear/red
- Case: Ameritage silver
- Pickguard: black bakelite
- Pickup mounts: back-mounted height adjustment cap screw, ebony centering surrounds
- Centerblock: perforated basswood (back only)
- Nut width: 1 11/16"
- Spacing: 2 1/8"
- Fretboard width: narrow
- Fingerboard binding: yes, tortoise celluloid
- Body depth: 2 3/8"
- Body width: 15.75" (lower bout)
- Body length: 16.75"
- Body binding: yes, tortoise celluloid
- Overall length: 39"
- Neck join fret count: 16
- Finish type: water-bourne lacquer